No announcement yet.

CivCity: Rome Now Available; Innovative City Builder Inspired by Civilization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CivCity: Rome Now Available; Innovative City Builder Inspired by Civilization

official website at http://www.2kgames.com/civcityrome/civcity.html

CivCity: Rome Now Available; Innovative City Builder Inspired by Sid Meier's Civilization Now Available for PC

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--July 26, 2006--2K, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), and the Company's world-renowned development studio Firaxis Games in collaboration with Firefly Studios, today announced CivCity: Rome for the PC, a new city building strategy game inspired by the world of Sid Meier's Civilization, is now available at retail stores in North America.

From gladiator fights to chariot races, CivCity: Rome is the most detailed depiction of Roman life ever created, allowing the player to build Rome from a small settlement on the banks of the Tiber River to evolve into the most glorious city in the ancient world.

Created for 2K by Firefly Studios in collaboration with Firaxis Games, CivCity: Rome invites players to focus on the great cities of the Roman Empire, and culminates in Rome itself. Through dozens of missions, each offering an array of interesting decisions, players will be charged with building, nurturing and managing one of these great cities as they endeavor to lead the Roman Empire from its humble beginnings to its mighty apogee. Features players have enjoyed in the Sid Meier's Civilization series, like research, city happiness, production and culture, can now be managed actively in the wonderfully immersive world of CivCity: Rome.

"Firefly Studios and Firaxis Games have delivered a truly remarkable game," said Christoph Hartmann, President, 2K. "With design influences from the Civilization series, CivCity: Rome gets in even closer, allowing players to take the roofs off buildings and see how their choices affect the tens of thousands of families of ancient Rome."

"It has been a pleasure working with Firaxis and the 'experiment' has been a complete success," said Simon Bradbury, Lead Designer, Firefly Studios. "CivCity: Rome is a real evolution in city builders."

"We're very proud to have been a part of the making of CivCity: Rome," said Steve Martin, President, Firaxis Games. "Firefly Studios is clearly a top notch developer and it was a privilege to collaborate with them on such a terrific title."

Key Features:

-- Look inside the buildings - For the first time in a city builder you can look inside the Villas, the forums, and even the Roman baths! Discover, in much greater detail, how Romans went about their daily lives.

-- Civilize your city - More than 70 technologies can be developed over time to give your city a strategic advantage. Use the rich research tree to improve many aspects of your city and its relation to the wider empire.

-- Follow the life of a Roman family - Do they thrive and prosper from humble hut to noble palace as they move through the generations... or not? Well, that's your call!

-- Ease of play - Driven purely by building placement and strong visual feedback, the game lets you create your own living community simply by choosing and placing the wide variety of buildings.

-- Real Romans - An intriguing array of characters will interact with you and bring high drama to your city with their emotions, state of health, and candid feelings about the city. There will even be famous Romans in the city who will comment on and present new challenges for you.

-- Build mighty wonders - Influence the direction of your city by building spectacular monuments. Production of these trophy buildings will give your city big advantages and look great too!

-- This is not your Father's Rome - This is your Rome, so customize your city the way you see fit! With hundreds of buildings to place, this game offers more options than any other city building game.

-- Never a Dull Moment - Gladiatorial combat, debates in the senate, chariot races, temple ceremonies...just a few of the many riveting scenes that will engage and entertain players throughout the game.

CivCity: Rome for the PC is rated E10+ for Everyone 10 and older by the ESRB. For more information on CivCity: Rome, please visit the product webpage at www.civilization.com.
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Dude, you're slow.
    <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
    Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

Maybe this MarkG guy should learn to use the forum search, there's already a thread on this
      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

i noticed the thread but wanted to produce more attention

Comment

Lucky for you that you're the owner of the site, or else rah would have toasted you for this.
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
            i noticed the thread but wanted to produce more attention
            Anyone else smell bs?

Comment

What? You dont believe MarkG is an attention whore?
              <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
              Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

i mean, i only keep doing apolyton cause people here consider me a cool person

Comment

In that case you'll have work for a lifetime Markos.
                  Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

-- Look inside the buildings - For the first time in a city builder you can look inside the Villas, the forums, and even the Roman baths! Discover, in much greater detail, how Romans went about their daily lives.

-- Follow the life of a Roman family - Do they thrive and prosper from humble hut to noble palace as they move through the generations... or not? Well, that's your call!
                    This is looking suspeciously like "Sim Romans."

Comment

What do you expect from "CivCity"?

Comment

played it yesterday for 6-7 hours and i have to say this: there are no naked people in the baths!

seriously though, it's a good city builder. some notes:

- hadnt played one in years so dont know what's the standard these days.
                        - i was very pleased that it actually played on my 3.5-years old laptop, allowing me to lower graphics on startup (civ4 for example is still having the black terrain bug on my laptop due to the old vga chip).
                        - the addition of a civ-like tech tree is quite welcome for civers
                        - an important aspect of the game is giving the right resources to you houses in order to evolve. each house has a radious in which sources must be availiable. visual presentation of what each house needs to evolve to the next level is good, as you literally see the radius on the terrain, but it would be nice if you also had a warning that damn bath that is almost on the radius is actually not.
                        - combat is quite limited, it would be nice if Sid had given the creators some tactical combat ideas from Gettysburg
                        - all in all it was quite fun, i only stopped playing cause it was 2am and i had to wake up for a meeting the next day

Comment

Any plan to have a CivCity:Rome forum?

Comment

It fits really well into the OG me thinks.

Comment

Yeah no need to have forums for fleeting games that no one plays anyway. *looks pointedly at RoN forums*

Comment

Working...
                              X