Mafia 52: You look familiar to me......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Adagio

Clues? There are clues? All the story we get is "you're dead, better luck next time"
    There was only one red herring in the entire game. I put that in because rah got the previous mafia too easily. It took you an extra murder before you killed him though.

Now if any of you had bother to research the characters and the movies they were in, here were the clues:

1. phone cord wrapped around his neck. He must have been trying to call someone, because we can all hear the busy signal.

2.ballpoint pen jammed through his eye. There is a note he appears to have been writing, it says:

We were wrong again, I figured out who the killer is. The killer is ______

3.The note says "Il continue à mettre ses testicules partout je."

This one is a red herring and a real clue, the red herring of course is implicating the dead man.. The clue was the purposeful use of bad pronunciation and the fact that in the movie testicles was meant to mean tentacles, a failure to communicate the appropriate term.

Thanks to Babelfish for the poor interpretation.

4.why would he be wearing sunglasses at night?

Those are all clues to the movie Cool Hand Luke. Clue one to 3 are "failures to communicate".

the sunglasses were worn by the Strother Martin the man that says "What we have here, is.... failure to communicate".

If you researched the movies, you would have seen that Cool Hand Luke plays a big role in the movie Serendipity, which starred John Cusack as Jonathan Trager.

Who happened to be the second mafia and is the winner of Mafia 52.

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Hehe

Whoha

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuberski
        Now if any of you had bother to research the characters and the movies they were in, here were the clues:
        Having never seen any of the movies, that makes it kinda difficult
        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Adagio

Having never seen any of the movies, that makes it kinda difficult
          That's why I said research, I got all my ideas from IMDB.

ACK!

Comment

• Research? You mean go look for myself?

Comment

• Gah, the shortness of the name was just a red herring!

Comment

• To be fair, it wasn't even a clue. Idiots.

Well my significant ex wanted to watch Serendipity, and I onlt agreed because it had John Cusack in, and he's usually a good turn. Now I have even more reason to dislike this movie, other than it being a romcom.

Although I have to say that the clues were tenuous at best, and bore no relation to any of the characters concerned. You'd have to know both Serendipity and Cool Hand Luke like an absolute nerd to get any of the clues.

Comment

• Originally posted by duke o' york
                  To be fair, it wasn't even a clue. Idiots.

Well my significant ex wanted to watch Serendipity, and I onlt agreed because it had John Cusack in, and he's usually a good turn. Now I have even more reason to dislike this movie, other than it being a romcom.

Although I have to say that the clues were tenuous at best, and bore no relation to any of the characters concerned. You'd have to know both Serendipity and Cool Hand Luke like an absolute nerd to get any of the clues.
                  Yeah I don't know how you could make a connection with quotes like these from the movie:

Sara: Ok, favorite movie?
                  Jonathan: The correct answer is Cool Hand Luke.
                  Sara: I've never seen it?
                  Jonathan: Oh, come on! You've never seen Cool Hand Luke? Paul Newman? Oh my god! Come on! "Failure to communicate", sadistic cop with sunglasses with no name, who reminds me of you in that way.

Yep, can't see it at all.

I'm sorry, I spoon-fed one mafia too you, I wasn't about to do it with both of them.

Oh, and for the record, I've never seen Cool Hand Luke.

ACK!

Comment

• Tuberski good job GMing, most of us don't want the job (myself included).

Ljube well played "never the mafia"

/me
                    "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• well done tubs, you kept it simple and we kept looking for simple answers.

would never have got the failure to communicate clue

i guess the fact ljube wasnt looknig for clues should have been a sign
                      GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

• Good job with GMing Tubski. And congratulate to the Evil Mafia(tm). But I still 1) don't know the movies and 2) don't know the actors and 3) therefore didn't understand much of the explanation of the clues either.
                        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• I'm in the next one when someone starts the signup thread.
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Yes, I'll have another go, but don't feel like DMing another one yet.

Comment

• IN for another one too.
                              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• I'm in too

Comment

Working...
                                X