Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedball II

Anyone remember Speedball II?

I used to love this game, but I was looking on the Bitmap Brothers site and it appears there is no way to get it any more. Does anyone know if there is a version available for the PC?

A great game.

It did get a PC release, but it might be easier to find it on Amiga emulator sites.

Comment

I did play it on the PC but could never find a control that worked. Joypads/sticks always seemed to work much better on the Amiga than the PC. I'd hoped things have improved now though.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
        A great game.

It did get a PC release, but it might be easier to find it on Amiga emulator sites.
        I saw that the Bitmap Brothers created an updated version, but the graphics are crap. I prefer the old metallic look of the orginal.

Comment

I loved that game, would like to see someone remake it

Some years ago (late 90's I believe) some company (don't remember if it was Bitmap Brothers or not) made some kind of remake of this game in 3D. I didn't really like that game, and I never managed to get the hang of it. I don't believe I ever managed to win a single game
          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I think the remarks about the Joysticks on the PC compared to the amiga is the biggest reason why it didn't/wouldn't convert as well to the PC. You really need the durability/control of an arcade style joystick to get the most from this game imho.

PC joysticks were designed for flightsims mostly, what with the analogue controls. Not even sure if current joypads would be as good as the old amiga zipsticks etc for Speedball?

Awesome game, and one of the main reasons i still keep an amiga.

"Ice cream! Ice cream!"

Comment

Comment

Yeah, what an awesome game, even just playing as Manager was fun for me.

I'm just gonna sit and wait for Speedball: Virtual Reality
                be free

Comment

Fo us youngsters, what was Speedball II all about?
                  Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                  Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

A futuristic violent game of catch.

Comment

It was released on the PS/PS2 a few years ago, but wasn't as good.

Comment

I always felt it was inspired by the film Rollerball.

edit: And that's the original 70s version apparently there was a remake but i refuse to watch it on the grounds it might be as bad as Get Carter.

And i'd forgotten the ice cream

Comment

Originally posted by Standup
                          And i'd forgotten the ice cream
                          In the early days of "Name the game", 'ice cream' was the only hint given, and I guessed in first try
                          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Yeah it was too easy in those days - anyone could get 'em.

Comment

Working...
                            X