Rise of Legends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rise of Legends

It's a fantasy RTS based on Rise of Nations. Anyone played it? I'd download the demo, but my connection isn't what it used to be.

The three nations sound nice and interesting. Better than the usual elves 'n' orcs rubbish, anyway.

I played it some.. seems interesting

as with most RTSs, I think I would mostly enjoy playing in MP, and I haven't had a chance to do that yet

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

It's basically the same game as RoN from what I've heard.

Comment

I really didn't like it.... it was just missing something.

Comment

I didn't play it, as soon as I heard the word 'fantasy' I stopped reading about it...
          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I enjoyed the first campaign. I've sort of lost interest once I got to the second campaign. Also, HoMM V is taking up most of my playtime...
            I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

About the only RTS games that I have enjoyed were StarCraft and WarCraft III.

I tried Rise of Nations but utterly hated it. Until Big Huge Games go turn based, they ain't getting my dollars.
              Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

It really is a shame that BHG isn't putting out TBS games, since they have the genius for it.

Comment

It's a decent game but it feels like it's missing some things.

The Campaign mode is basically the Conquest (or whatever the mode was in RoN where you move pieces on a strategic map and played out the maps in tactical mode) mode but there isn't a lot of variety in the tactical map setups (not as much as I remember from RoN) and the you have to play one of the campaigns to get into that mode - meaning you're playing with the same set of characters and units every time. Granted where you go from the start can vary a lot but it was nice in RoN to play with a lot of different countries with different starting locations for the Conquest mode.

The units have some good variety and there are a lot of different hero units - and they carry their skills throughout. It was pretty easy because the AI can expand like mad but they generally don't build up much of an army or attack you. I would usually turtle for 10 minutes or so and build up my army and infrastructure and then just sweep the AI off the map in one attack.

Overall this is a game that's nice to try but not necessarily worth a lot - I'd say if you can get it for around $25 you'll get your money's worth.
                  I never know their names, But i smile just the same
                  New faces...Strange places,
                  Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
                  -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

The reviews aren't exactly glowing...
                    Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Originally posted by Bkeela
                      About the only RTS games that I have enjoyed were StarCraft and WarCraft III.

I tried Rise of Nations but utterly hated it. Until Big Huge Games go turn based, they ain't getting my dollars.

Comment

I've downloaded the RoN demo and am downloading the RoL demo.
                        Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

I think RoN was better..

There have been a number of RTS style games which might have been very good. However, I haven't managed to convince my friends to play them, and I mostly prefer RTS as MP.

As such, Starcraft has my heart.

JM
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN
                          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
                          X