Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't want genitals or pokemon in my spores...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't want genitals or pokemon in my spores...

Spore is the only game I am looking forward to atm... looks quite cool.

Anyone who hooks up online will automatically download lots of critters made by all other spore players......

How many critters will flat out suck?
    How many critters will be pokemon or other "existant" creatures I don't want to see?

How many(most) creatures will be modeled after male human genitalia?

How can they possibly solve this problem? I don't see how. They can not screen models.... just too many submission.

I think they'll probably screen all of the ones uploaded and only allow for download some. Otherwise too much risk of Jack Thompsoning

Not that they won't already have the religious right against them =/

I believe you'll probably have control over the stuff in your game, though.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

They said they will ask people if they want to upload their crittersor not whenever they conect to the internet and then Spore will upload it.

When you connect, it'll ask you if you want to download and you download everything everyone has uploaded..... they did not mention a screening process and it seems like too much work considering the huge # of submissions....

Comment

They haven't exactly finalized the details yet
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

No but they promised us a galaxy filled brimming with the creations of other players and said it would basically be a process of uploading yours and downloading everyones elses. No implied filtering, in fact filtering is difficult bordering on impossible so it seems unlikley.

It is easier for them to do that cool thing where they automatically animate the models you make, then to filter crapy or offensive creatures.... only a human can do that.

Comment

Interesting, I don't want spores or pokemon in my genitals.
            I changed my signature

Comment

I would like my genitals to be in pokemon, however I could do without the spores.
              Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I don't want Spore in any form, genitals, pokemon or otherwise.

Comment

Genitals in games

Comment

I quite like Spore, but i also quite like genitals and dont have anything against Pokemon in particular.

I would think the end user would get some sort of choice over what they download? If not i suspect you could just not visit the planet genital pokemon if you dont want to(and hope they dont visit you!)?

I would however be pretty scared of the planet of little tits - being overwhelmed by boobies could create a freudian momment

Comment

I would quite happily screen spore for £10k 9-5 5 days a week, im sure someone somewhere else would do it cheaper
                      Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

I believe it was mentioned that you could rate the creatures you find in your universe, and the game will based on these ratings find creatures that you're more likely to like. And if a lot of people rate a certain creature offense, they might take a look at that creature to remove it from their servers, maybe with some possibility to ban that user from uploading any more creatures if he/she keeps making offensive creatures
                        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by El_Cid
                          I quite like Spore, but i also quite like genitals and dont have anything against Pokemon in particular.

I would think the end user would get some sort of choice over what they download? If not i suspect you could just not visit the planet genital pokemon if you dont want to(and hope they dont visit you!)?

I would however be pretty scared of the planet of little tits - being overwhelmed by boobies could create a freudian momment

It won't be planet Genital Pokemon, they'll take the creatures and disperse them randomly through the game.

I am sure there is a way to add specific creatures, but they described a feature of downloading the creatures of every other player of Spore who connects to the internet so you could have an entire galaxy of quasi unique critters.

Originally posted by Snotty
                          I would quite happily screen spore for £10k 9-5 5 days a week, im sure someone somewhere else would do it cheaper
                          But they don't want to spend the money heh.

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio
                            I believe it was mentioned that you could rate the creatures you find in your universe, and the game will based on these ratings find creatures that you're more likely to like. And if a lot of people rate a certain creature offense, they might take a look at that creature to remove it from their servers, maybe with some possibility to ban that user from uploading any more creatures if he/she keeps making offensive creatures

Really? Impressive. I'd love to see the code for that filtering....... damn closed source ><

Comment

I plan to use it to spread religious messages by making all my critters look like little Buddhas.

Yeah, I'd think there would be some way to report offensive content.
                              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                              X