Mafia #50 - The Past revisited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mafia #50 - The Past revisited

The sun rose early that fateful morning. It splashed its golden rays across the babling brook and then trough the lucious forrest. Finally the rays broke through the leaves and pounded onto the windows of the sleeping villagers.

This was a small village, it had never really kept up with the rest of civilisation. The only phone in the town was in the Town Hall office, but even that didnt work al lthe time. The only cars that ever traversed the dusty streets were those of tourists who had taken the wrong turn at TurnPike 67 and ended up off the Highway and onto the rambling by-ways.

The village had been in a heat wave for over 6 weeks now and there seemed no let up from the suns ferocity. The vilalgers were going stir crazy.

Skanky Burns, who was the villagers closest call to a millionaire, owned most of the town. His family had over the years accumulated the towns property and now ran the village as his own. His wife , Leirosa, was the only outsider who had ever stayed. She had arrived one day after taking the wrong exit and came loooking for fuel. The only town bowser was owned and operated by Skanky and she soon fell under his wily charms. Working for Skanky at his cornerstore was Adagio. Adagio was a mute but skanky had taken care of him since he was young and gave him a job and the villagers al lrespected him for that.
    On the other side of the street to the Corenr Shop was the Library/Town Hall/ Mayors Residence/ Police station. (It was all one building with a different room for each function. I did say it was a smal ltown). The town Mayor, Chaunk, a cousin of Skankys twice removed, was also the town librarian and local Sherriff.
    Further up the road was the saloon. This was also owned by Skanky and usually managed by his brother civman. Civman was the educated one of the family having been sent to the big city and progressing all the way to grade 8, before returning home to run the bar.
    Whoha and his wife Nikolai were part of the original settlers families. There ancestors had made this town. Nowadayts though they just sat on their porch and watched the day go by. The towns school had long closed down with no children, so SpacedCowboy had taken over the old building and converted it into a Church. Spaced had seen the light one day many a year ago and now wanted everyone to feel the love. He had painted the building bright orange and placed flowers all around it
    Jonny was Spaceds first convert and the two of them would often be seen parading around the church naked and singing along to some new song the two had written together.
    When dukeoyork and DarkCloud joined spaceds church their families disowned them and left the two girls to fend for themselves as their families left town.
    The old Catholic priest Tuberski now had a totaly empty church, just next door to the school. With the raquet from next door and all his old parishoners moving out of town, he was no longer needed.
    The towns oldest resident Rah would walk the streets of the town and pass on his memories to those younguns that would stop and listen. His usuall audience was Sparrowhawk, Hercules and Fishsticks the towns farmers.

All in all the town was a stange place, but the heatwave just added to the wierdness and finally on this fateful day, someone CRACKED and could take it no longer.
    GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Yay, no porridge this time!

Comment

Can you feel the love, brother?
      We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

I can feel the love.
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Sounds a little like the town in "Cars"... a little...

But why- horror of horrors- in the tale must my papi have disowned me He obviously didn't see the eternal goodness of Spaced's nature cult At least now that he's gone I can have all the fun I want!

dukie- let's dance
          -->Visit CGN!
          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

The Scene is set,, the roles are laid out..

Yes some of you gender benders will enjoy this one.,

Others will hate it

But lets get on with the show..

Mr or Ms . Mafia. please step forward and make your mark
            GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Hmm, a gardener in the last game, a farmer in this game...Ras knows his geography very well (I am in Central/Western Canada........Prairie Country ), but now I have to work on my uneducated farmer talk.

By the way, civman isn't so smart for making it to grade eight, I made it to grade 13........grade 5 three times .
              "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

What, now I'm someone's wife???
                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Just what exactly is a cousin twice removed anyway?
                  Play hangman.

Comment

Perhaps what we in Norway call "tremenning". My (eventual) children and my cousin's (eventual) children are eachother's "tremenninger"(cousins twice removed?).
                    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

No, that's "second cousin". A (first) cousin twice removed is a cousin of either your grandparent or of your grandchild.

Comment

I am going to have a field day.
                        On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
                          Perhaps what we in Norway call "tremenning". My (eventual) children and my cousin's (eventual) children are eachother's "tremenninger"(cousins twice removed?).
                          Originally posted by civman2000
                          No, that's "second cousin". A (first) cousin twice removed is a cousin of either your grandparent or of your grandchild.
                          I never knew there were words for those
                          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Er, wait, I was slightly wrong. "Cousin of your grandchild" doesn't make any sense--it should be your cousin's grandchild. So a cousin twice removed is either your grandparent's cousin or your cousins grandchild (so the relation is symmetric).

Comment

Gee, it should really be a stretch to play and old man that babbles about the old days.
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X