Soldat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soldat

Vovan got me hooked on this. Multiplayer war game. Think counter-strike combined with the original Worms. Well-working weapon and map editors. Shareware but all the features except for custom jetpack acceleration colour lines are in the free version of the game -- unregistered and registered games are fully compatible with each other. For all practical purposes, the game is free.

Screenshot:

Download link:
    http://www.soldat.pl/download.html

This game doesn't have a decent AI, and I'm getting tired at the intellectual level of the players in public servers (see screenshot). Would I get any players if I were to set up an Apolyton server?

I might give it a try.
    ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

I set up an Apolyton server, let's see if anyone's going to join it or if I'm going to practice against the bots all night long. Server name is "Apolyton", password is "ming".

Comment

I'm at work now, so you won't see me on for awhile yet. I'll give it a try later, though.
        ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

The name is "Soldat"? What country is the game from? Soldat = soldier in Norwegian, so it might be from here, but I've never heard of the game.
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

From Faq:
            "Soldat" or "Soldaat" means "soldier" in the following languages: german, dutch, norwegian, swedish, danish, french, slovenian, afrikaans, russian, catalan and romanian.

Seems to come from Poland.
            Last edited by Main_Brain; June 13, 2006, 09:42.
            Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Silly Finn, you didn't name the server! I am pretty sure it is currently called Soldat Dedicated Server as the password works. I am getting connection problems, by the way...

Interestingly I fired up a bot frag-fest for the first time in months just before reading this

Or I might have an old version, though all signs pointed to the version I had being the last at the time.

Nope, right version. 1.3.1. Your graphics look different though.

Or maybe there is no server to look for... I do seem to be a few hours off
              Last edited by Gamecube64; June 13, 2006, 21:15.
              I changed my signature

Comment

interest for mp is a positive thing

Yeah I didn't keep the server open while I was at work. I'll open it again at around 1400 GMT today and keep it open for 12 hours or so. How about y'all get yourselves to the Apolyton chat room and call my name there if you have any connection problems in the future?

Your graphics look different though.
                It's a graphics mod. Fully compatible with all the other graphic mods, FYI.

Comment

this is a good game
                  Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Code:
                    23°04'14" (a) hey any soldat going on?
                    yes, right now

Server name "Apolyton", password "ming".

Comment

im having trouble getting past the first screen as there is a graphical problem, i fixed it before, just need to work it out again
                      Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

If you think you need help, I'm on the IRC channel... but I don't notice that people are calling me if they don't mention my nickname there.

Comment

Working...
                        X