Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This would about do, though.
    Attached Files
    ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• ...and the final blow. Skanky has nothing to use in round 18, leaving Kassiopeia the winner.
      Attached Files
      ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• All hail Kassiopeia!

Galactic Overlord!

Comment

• Kudos to Kassi for a game well played.
          Play hangman.

Comment

• Hang on a minute - I was under the impression that, when applying damage to a fleet, you started with the first weapon in the OOB and applied it to that part of the fleet until it was gone, then moved on to the next weapon in the OOB, and so on, until the battle was resolved. Have I completely misunderstood that aspect of the rules? If so, how does it really work?

Comment

• I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• EDIT: Hmmm, DPery. This loss has verily shaken me.
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• That was probably the most awesomest battle I've ever been engaged in ever. Well played Skanky.

My OOB however wasn't really a stroke of brilliance or anything (not that I think that you thought that), it was mostly depending on Skanky NOT leading with fighters (which I suspected), and then realising that since I can't outlaser Skanky, my only hope was to go for broke and use the same MTT lead we've been using the whole game. So really, I felt my OOB was fairly obvious, and I decided not to outthink myself with some sort of TML shenaniganry.
                  Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• Originally posted by GeneralTacticus
                    Hang on a minute - I was under the impression that, when applying damage to a fleet, you started with the first weapon in the OOB and applied it to that part of the fleet until it was gone, then moved on to the next weapon in the OOB, and so on, until the battle was resolved. Have I completely misunderstood that aspect of the rules? If so, how does it really work?
                    I believe that is exactly what happened.

Comment

• Since I'll be gone until Tuesday and might miss the signup thread, I'd just like to state here that I'm in for GO17.

Alternatively, I could have started the sign-up thread, but that would involve clicking the new thread button...

Comment

• Originally posted by joncha
                        All hail Kassiopeia!

Galactic Overlord!

QFT
                        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncha

I believe that is exactly what happened.
                          Really? It didn't look like it to me.

(I should note that this is not an attempt to dispute the outcome of the game - I doubt this will have any effect on it, and Kassi certainly deserves his victory. I'm just trying to clear up my understanding of the rules.)

Kassi's OOB: MTT-LLF
                          Skanky's OOB: MLL-FTT

Rounds 1-3: Kassi takes the hits on his torpedoes. No problem them.

Rounds 4-6: Skanky takes the hits on his fighters and torpedoes (the two things that were last in his OOB), while he still has lasers around; meanwhile, Kassi is still taking hits on his torpedoes.

After that, Skanky only has one weapon type left, so the question is moot, but the inconsistency still puzzles me. Kassi led with torpedoes and they took his hits throughout the game; this is how I thought it worked. Skanky, on the other hand, led with lasers, and yet he lost his fighters and torpedoes before his lasers even began taking hits. Am I missing something here?

EDIT:

I just did some rough calculations of what would have happened under my understanding of the rules, and the result is the same - if anything, Kassi would likely have won sooner. So, just in case it wasn't clear:

ALL HAIL KASSIOPEIA, SUPREME OVERLORD OF THE GALAXY!

Last edited by GeneralTacticus; July 10, 2006, 06:15.

Comment

• Ah... I get it. Damage is taken in order, from the point in the OoB currently in action. So Skanky took the hits on his Fighters because they were what were up "first" in that round, then to his Torpedoes. Kassi didn't have any fighters, so the damage in the 6th round carried over to the next weapon, which was Torpedoes.

Comment

• Ah, I see. It all makes sense now. This actually makes much more sense than my previous understanding of the rules did; I wasjust used to interpreting the rules in a particular way, and it was a bit confusing to see things being done differently.

Carry on with the celebrations

Comment

• Carry on? I'm already hungover
                                Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Working...
                                X