CIV-CITY: Rome... wtf is this game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CIV-CITY: Rome... wtf is this game?

Anyone else heard about Firaxis making a new game entitled: Civ-City: rome? Any info on this?

Click here, should be a link to official site on this link...

Haven't looked at it myself, though...
    "Dumb people are always blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are."
    Check out my Blog!

Comment

Hm. Firaxis is ALSo putting out Railroads... basically Railroad tycoon 4 now too... they sure are quiet on the publicity front though.

Comment

So I've heard about railroads, and they are quiet...
        Check out my Blog!

Comment

Originally posted by Smellycowsquid
          So I've heard about railroads, and they are quiet...
          Well, in THIS country it's no wonder! They're almost nonexistant except for in the northeast.

This country subsidizes the airlines with traffic control, but will not help the railroads which are SO much more fuel efficient.

(Yes, I realize this probably isn't what you were referring to, smelly)

Comment

Nice, well, I live in Lower Michigan, and there are many railroads, of course, every day I hear airplanes flying over my head too...
            Check out my Blog!

Comment

I saw that game a while back under a different name... I think it's an RTS though...

Comment

:Man, Sid and Firaxis really want to try to get into the "city building" market by releasing Civ-City Rome.

:I only fear that players out there have already got acustomed to sierreas famous "Caesar" series. Plz Sid and firaxis, stick with TBS games, the games that God intented you to make. =D

NubianMercenary
                Empires may come and go, but the word of God remains eternal.

Comment

I would be fun, if they could connect Civ4 and Civ-City... Managing an empire, one street at a time.

There aren't that many games like that. I seem to recall, Rules of Engagement, a spaceship simulator, you could bolt a game called Breach into it, for boarding actions and the likes. Pity, though, that Breach wasn't very good.. And ROE was.
                  I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Looks sort of like a rip off of the Caesar games by Sierra, which I never really enjoyed anyway.

City building games.
                    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Caesar 2 was awesome. So were Caesar 3 and Pharaoh (Zeus, not so much)...

Hope this one rocks too.
                      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                        Caesar 2 was awesome.
                        I'll admit that Caesar 2 was the closest one of those games has come to entertaining me. Awesome? Nah.
                        "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                        "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                        "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Originally posted by Stuie
                          Looks sort of like a rip off of the Caesar games by Sierra, which I never really enjoyed anyway.

City building games.
                          As far as I know it is, I remember seeing this being called Ceaser IV.

Comment

Now my head is spinning. Here's what I thought before I got confused:

- Caesar IV is scheduled for release in September and it is developed by the company that made Children of the Nile.
                            - CivCity has been announced for the "summer" and is produced by the company that made the Stronghold games with support from Firaxis.
                            - Rome: Heart of the Empire has been promoted as a third-party title on the Paradox Forums, but was just postponed until 2007.

Is this correct or did I get something wrong?

I'm very interested in Roman history. I enjoy both empire and city building games. I have a good time whether I play "Civilization", "Rome" from the Total War series or "Caesar III".

Having said all that, I am not going to buy three new Rome city building games at the same time. While I'm all in favour of competition, I'm somewhat surprised at the lack of publicity for the competing games beyond "Here are some pretty screenshots" and "You can build so many buildings ..." which really doesn't tell us a lot about the differences between the three releases.

There are indications that CivCity will use the "a city from Civ4 under the microscope" concept to cash in on the success of Civ4, but apart from graphics, interface conventions and the idea of a tech tree, gameplay is bound to be very different and could be influenced more from the Stronghold games. Caesar IV is the official successor to Caesar III, but there might be influences from Children of the Nile.

Given that much of the above is speculation, I would find it very difficult at this point to make a choice. While have played Caesar III with enthusiasm, I don't know either Stronghold or Children of the Nile. If someone has played both of those and Caesar III (or Pharaoh), I would appreciate a comparative review of those games.

Of course, the obvious road away from confusion is to just wait until the games are released and read the feedback. However, reading threads like this one provides some amount of free anticipated joy that I don't want to miss.

Comment

There is a thread about this already. Its dropped down a bit though, what with this being announced ages ago.
                              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
                              X