Where to buy games in Europe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy games in Europe?

Having just moved to Stockholm I was of course interested in how much games sell for. 499 Skr! A little rich for me. So where do people get their games? Are there some good online sites or should I have my brother ship them to me from the US saying they are women's underwear on the customs form?

Generally speaking, you're screwed.

You could try amazon.co.uk, but with shipping costs it might not be any cheaper. Games cost about the same here in the Netherlands as in Sweden, and probably throughout the entire euro region.

For example Rise of Legends costs €55 here, which converts to $68...while amazon.com has it for $49.
    <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
    Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

What about Direct2Drive? Is that usable in europe?
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Amazon UK have recently changed their shipping policy and don't ship PC games to all european countries (I found out when I tried to order a game to be sent to me here in Ireland). They may still ship to Sweden but you'll have to check on their website.

I now order from gameplay.co.uk. They do ship to eurozone countries but I'm not sure about Sweden.

You may be stuck with getting someone to buy the games for you in a cheaper country and post them to you (remember to get them to write "Danger - Explosives" on the packet and to smear some aniseed on it - the sniffer dogs will love it ).
        Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Since you are in Sweden, you should try one of the Swedish internet stores. I don't know which of them are best(I use Norwegian stores after all), but search for "spelaffär" on google. If you are interested in specific games, you can also try the company's web page, Paradox for example has their own games for sale for great prices, and I'm sure other companies do the same.
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Good to know I'm screwed. I'll check out other possibilities then. I can't believe there is no general discount store for europe.

Comment

Working...
            X