age of kings and the bargain bin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lord of the mark

Yup. I actually once bought AOK, and it wouldnt run on the dino for reasons unrelated to the specs. Fortunately EB still took returns in those days. So all my previous references to AOE have been to AOE 1 (including the Rise of Rome xpack)
    That explains it.

Comment

AoE2 is a classic. It's like Starcraft. BTW, AoK runs on a 166 MHz machine with 32 MB RAM, IIRC.

I hold that Rise of Nations is the best RTS out there, but AoK's definitely great. It's also great how there are still thousands playing it online.

Heck, I think that even AoE3 is worth 4.50$, though I didn't like the game .
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
        AoE2 is a classic. It's like Starcraft. BTW, AoK runs on a 166 MHz machine with 32 MB RAM, IIRC.
        Yes, nonetheless it would not run on my old PC, as the copy protection didnt like the brand of CD drive that the dino PC had. I called them about it, they knew about the problem, and there was nothing they could do.

I need to spend some time getting to know the interface. there are some things that make it less awkward and clicky then AOE1, but not all are immediately obvious, IIUC. ANd the farm que feature is on the Xpack, which i havent yet installed.

I liked the wall building in AOE, but here you can garrison buildings. Again, I need to get the hang of that.
        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark
          We were thinking of getting one when we got the laptpop, but so far POTM is adept with the little pad thingie for her word processing and web browsing, and i find its not TOO bad for games like Divided Ground (TB) or Victoria. Not gonna go get one just for AOK. If we add more games, maybe then.
          Get it for general use, not for a game. However adept you are with the touchpad, you will be more so with the mouse.

Comment

Working...
          X