So many games, so little time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So many games, so little time.

For the handful of folks who are interested, I thought id update how things are going with the new laptop in terms of gaming.

The title captures it.

We still have two PCs for three users, but that works pretty well, as its rare all three of us need to use one at one time. Fortunately QOTM remains frustrated with the dino (she usually gives priority on the laptop to POTM or myself) so we still have a goal of another new PC in the foreseeable future.

Because of the situation, however, I need to be prepared to play on whichever PC is available. Basically which games I choose to play depends on which PC is available to use. The dino is limited by its specs of course. The laptop is limited by my thinking of it as still primarily POTM's machine, and not wanting to clutter the HD with more games than is necessary. More or less.

Whats on the laptop now:

Victoria, which was the first game I played on the laptop, since it wont run on the dino. Incredibly (or not) it occasionally stretches the laptop - Paradox game, RAM intensive, only 256 meg on the laptop. IF there are other things that POTM has left running, and esp if Vickie starts doing something funny (like when i try to escape the intro movie and it seems to run it in the background while loading) it can freeze. The game itself Ive enjoyed - have played through one game as Belgium. Its not as good as EU2 or Civ, but not as bad as some have said. The micromanagement really isnt that bad, but the flavor could be stronger. The time ive spent on it would justify the cost of the Strat 6 pack by itself - but i dont really crave to fire it up again right away

Divided Ground - a nice, old fashioned, tactical level wargame (mideastern wars, but an engine designed for WW2). Ah the joy of a 7 turn scenario !!

Tropic Demo - from the DG cd. Very cute, from the tutorial. Theres one scen with the demo. I may try that. POTM:"this is like a cross between Caesar 3 and the Sims"

EU2 - Im going to load this on the laptop, since it runs so poorly on the dino.

On the dino
    Starcraft: Sigh. About midway through the Protoss campaign. Ive got the idea, thank you very much. Id just drop it, if I wasnt obsessive about finishing games. (well sorta). Im really getting fed up with the current Tassadar in the maze scenario. I might just "cheat"

Roller Coaster Tycoon: Its loaded but Ive hardly played it.

Ecape from Monkey Island:Havent loaded it yet.
    Last edited by lord of the mark; May 17, 2006, 09:24.
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

I've been playing Rise of Nations again, in between sessions of Eve.

I have Oblivion but still lack a computer capable of running it. Apart from that, there are not a great deal of games that interest me at the moment.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Re: So many games, so little time.

Originally posted by lord of the mark

Ecape from Monkey Island:Havent loaded it yet.
      Play this - it'll make a nice change from your usual games.

Comment

Yeah DrSpike, as if you're not some MI3 lunatic

Who else thinks Pirates of the Caribbean is just Monkey Island in disguise?
        be free

Comment

Yes, clearly made by a MI fan.

Comment

My current plan is to play RCT when im done with Starcraft. RCT seems pretty different from anything ive ever played before, as ive never played a tycoon game (if you dont count Simtower). Still it has obvious parallels with citybuilders, games like Victoria, etc.

I think im putting off playing MI cause it still bothers me to play out of order, and I keep thinking I might look around and buy the earlier ones in the series, though Im probably being silly.
            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Working...
            X