Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Divided Ground, Talonsoft Campaign Series, and other WW2 tactical level wargames

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divided Ground, Talonsoft Campaign Series, and other WW2 tactical level wargames

well i could have titled this "Divided Ground" since thats the game Ive just started playing.

OTOH I suppose no one here has actually played it.

And I wanted something narrower then a generic wargames thread.

So feel free to add your comments on DG, on the OTHER games in the series - Eastern Front, Western Front, and Rising Sun - or compare the Campaign Series approach to other wargames that model WW2 and cold war era land combat at the tactical (squad - platoon - company) level.

I played through the boot camp 1 level twice to get the hang of it. Seems like pretty good basic, detailed wargame. As the Israeli player in this level you get what I assume is a full Haganah inf company - 3 rifle platoons, 1 Light machine gun squad, and a mortar. And a captain, who serves to raise the morale of units hes near. Your mission is to take two fortified spots from two Egyptian rifle platoons. Its October 1948.

Theres morale standard - command control rules are optional and i havent tried them yet.

Im not sure what was added to this from EF, WF, and RS, as i havent played them.
    Last edited by lord of the mark; May 16, 2006, 17:41.
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

bump

Im now done with the boot camp scens - im on the first real scen, the hill of evil counsel, which is one of the crucial battles of recent history, as it was in this battle in June of 1967 that Israel took Jerusalem and began the occupation of the West bank.

And im also finding the interface more helpful than it seemed at first.
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Working...
    X