No announcement yet.

Gothic 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I have finally got my hands on Gothic 2, so will see if its previous iteration is any good.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I found chapter one quite challenging - basically got killed a lot. Party its working the controls out but mainly even the lowest level creatures are a challenge. I ran away a lot.

Comment

My friend complained to me that the game is nigh-impossible. Whenever he encounters anything, like a boar or a wolf, he has to climb up to a roof and fire arrows at it to have any chance of survival. Once he had to go and kill five boars, and all the boars attacked him simultaneously! With no hope of surviving a direct encounter, he lead them to a rebel camp with about 20 rebel soldiers. All the rebels died.
        Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

phear teh leet boars!

Perhaps you can avoid them at low levels.

Comment

The boars and quite a few other aminals are borked.

They have a stun defense and will waste your character in an instant.

There be a lot of dying in this game.
            We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

This is just the sweet revenge from all those games where you can kill critters very easily for 2xp or something.

Comment

The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

Maybe they made the game more realistic? In RL, it would not be so easy to kill a boar and boars can deal quite a fair bit of damage.
                  be free

Comment

Originally posted by Sn00py
                    Burjaci, can you do a short review of the game? I would like to know more about it from a players perspective.

Try not to convince me to play it just the goods, the bads and the uglies.
                    (zombie-like creature aproaching,the horrible looking sleep-deprived undead is clicking on the internet explorer icon, the creature is loging on and starts posting)

Kill orcs, orcs have krushnuk sword. Krushnuk sword worth 350 gold. Krushnuk sword good for hero. Must finish rebel quest. Must reach level 18, must get barter skill. Barter skill good for gold-getting... (and so on)

Thats's a pretty acurate description of me right now.

I'm afraid I can't give you guys an accurate review.
                    I can't do that because I'm still in the honeymoon period.

(crazy old man voice): I haven't slept for three days. Hee Heee HE HE :cough: :cough: He hee heee...

Run away. Run away now. If you want a life don't buy this game, its as addictive as civ.
                    I'm not buying BtS until Firaxis impliments the "contiguous cultural border negates colony tax" concept.

Comment

Originally posted by Kassiopeia
                      My friend complained to me that the game is nigh-impossible. Whenever he encounters anything, like a boar or a wolf, he has to climb up to a roof and fire arrows at it to have any chance of survival. Once he had to go and kill five boars, and all the boars attacked him simultaneously! With no hope of surviving a direct encounter, he lead them to a rebel camp with about 20 rebel soldiers. All the rebels died.
                      Tell your firend that Gothic 3 has a difficulty seting, tell him to set it on easy and apply some common sense. By that I mean that he should approach them (I'm guesing these are the 5 "Aggresive Boars" from the woodcutters quest) slowly and most importantly alone (because npc have a tendency to go on suicide runs), he should use his bow to aggrewate the beasts, then run away. Tell him to listen untill he hears the bests stop chasing him and look back. One or two boars should be gazing at him or returning to the woodcutters camp, he should shoot an arrow or two at the most injured beast and run away again.
                      If he is chased by one beast he should be able to kill it within three or four stops even with a level 2 or 3 character. The bores die within 5-6 arrow strikes.
                      The reward is lame (50 gold if you volunter right away), but each boar hide is worth 100 gold and if the meat is cooked it gives an instant 20% heal, he gains some reputation with the rebels too.
                      The trick is not to get stuck (if he does tell him to press control+F8) and to ocaisonaly sprint (by pressing shift while runing).

(sorry about the spelling)

Good luck

SB
                      I'm not buying BtS until Firaxis impliments the "contiguous cultural border negates colony tax" concept.

Comment

Originally posted by Spaced Cowboy
                        The boars and quite a few other aminals are borked.

They have a stun defense and will waste your character in an instant.

There be a lot of dying in this game.
                        Adicted zombie learn this. He run away, then he gets gold he gets stronger he buys armor. Zombie KILL stupid beast. Zombie happy, then zombie killed by saber tooth tiger.

SB-zombie persona
                        Last edited by _BuRjaCi_; October 28, 2006, 06:06.

Comment

Originally posted by Sn00py
                          Maybe they made the game more realistic? In RL, it would not be so easy to kill a boar and boars can deal quite a fair bit of damage.
                          Gothic has always been realistic about combat with wild beasts. In real life you would, (unarmed) have no chanche against a wild boar or wolf.

That's what I realy love about the game.
                          Someone used to powning games (those of you who play EA games) with no effort, will not use his common sense and will as a result die a lot. Someone who thinks like in the real world and invests effort into his character, will on the other hand have a very rewarding game with a sense of accomplishment and only eight or so dies.

(sorry about spelling)

SB
                          Last edited by _BuRjaCi_; November 3, 2006, 06:48.

Comment

cool, I will have a look around for this game, I like realistic stuff, but I hate dying. hehe
                            be free

Comment

I just saw a really bad review of Gothic 3. The reviewer gave it 4/10. Its seems its a bug filled mess.
                              Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Originally posted by nostromo
                                I just saw a really bad review of Gothic 3. The reviewer gave it 4/10. Its seems its a bug filled mess.
                                Wow, 4/10 that's a realy bad mark. Wich review did you read and most importantly how old is it?

When I first bought the game on october 15th, I tried playing it, but it was so bug ridden I could barley complete a quest or two before I got forzen in a conversation or thrown on the desktop.

I realy "got" the game when I downloaded the patch. Since then I haven't had any more problems with it (only 2 or 3 glitches in 35 hours of gaming time- both were about dissapering opponents in tight caves).

So people, don't even think about playing the game before you download the patch!

Here's the link to their official website (it's default in German but it has an "English" option)
                                Last edited by _BuRjaCi_; November 3, 2006, 07:06.

Comment

Working...
                                X