Desperados 2 - Cooper's Revenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adagio
    What level did you get stuck at? You could always try the game again, but just use a walkthrough for that level
    It was a level in the woods, at night, and you had to sneak up to camp or something and steal horses...or do something with the horses there...don't really remember it very well..

But it doesn't really matter..i dont have time to play anyway, got loads of other stuff i need to do first....i'll just add this game to my list of things to do when i have some free time (which is hopefully in 2 months)
    <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
    Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

Originally posted by Lemmy
      It was a level in the woods, at night, and you had to sneak up to camp or something and steal horses...or do something with the horses there...don't really remember it very well..
      It's one of the most difficult levels in the game, it's a shame that level is that early
      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

1st was awesome, and looks like this will be too.

I am really impressed by the artists who work on these two games.
        be free

Comment

I've only played a small part of the demo. The level in the demo is Sanchez' hideout from the first game, with a few small changes, and a bit larger map. At the beginning of the level you're playing as Doc, trying to save Sanchez and Cooper (I didn't play enough to save any of them)

Each character only has 4 special actions, for Doc it's: The gun from the first game (with normal and sniper mode), healing and his sleeping-elexir. But now he can also beat the enemies and tie them up (he can only beat them, until they fall to the ground, it doesn't 'hurt' the enemies)
          Also note that you don't have unlimited ammo anymore, but enemies drops ammo when dying, and there's ammo spread out all over the map (and as in FPS style, you just walk into the items you find on the ground to pick them up)

The game ran ok, on average settings, but I sure hope the demo is in no way telling how the actual game is, as it failed in many ways:

1)
          The word 'tactical' doesn't seem like the word they thought most about, when making the game. Because of the placement of the extremely many enemies, only few of the enemies can be taken out silently, so basicly everything is about shooting

2)
          The enemies are dumb and slow. When I shoot an enemy, it takes a few seconds before they know what happened, but it takes a long time before they start to walk (not run) to the place where the shot came from, leaving me enough time to find a nice place to stand, reload the weapon, then shoot at them when they get close enough
          They also don't untie their friends, when they find them laying on the ground (or at least I haven't seem them do it yet)
          And the chaos from the first game, that started as soon as an enemy noticed a dead/knocked-out/tied friend is non existant here. They don't run around the map alarming everybody or check out if there's more bodies laying around. If they see one, they just don't care. The only way to get their attention is if they see me, or hear my shot
          There doesn't seem to be a reason to hide anymore

3)
          There's way too much ammo spread out on the map (on the mini-map there's more ammo-crosses than enemy-dots). And don't forget that all enemies drops some more ammo when they are shot... I hope this is just to make the demo map not too difficult

4)
          Where's the fifth action? Why can't doc "clone" himself as in the first game? And why can he knock out enemies and tie them? That used to be Coopers and Sams job

The game does have some good sides too:
          1) Not unlimited ammo anymore
          2) Finally I can see the map from all angels
          3) The graphics are decent

I hope the full game is better that, what the demo shows... but I sure wont buy the game on day one... not like I would anyway, as I always tries the full game before buying anyway

Comment

Wow, you convinced me I was right all along.

Comment

As I first read about it, I had the feeling it would fail, but I couldn't imagine it failing that much, as from the screenshots it looked like the first game

Comment

Working...
              X