11. Spaced Cowboy
    12. Paddy the Scot
    13. Sparrowhawk
    14. James the Scot
    15. Rah
    16. Fishsticks
    17. Civman2000
    18. Snoopy
    Last edited by Rasputin; March 21, 2006, 19:00.
    GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Can you add me in at the last minute?

Comment

Chapter 1 - The Boredom

I was feeling rather bored at work and had compelted my usual routine. All the Spreadsheets were upto date and new procedures released. Well I thought to myself, must be time to login to Apolyton.

I fired up the Web Browser and logged into my favourite site. I scanned the list of online members and saw the usual crowd.

Ljube was over in the Civ2 MP forum berating some players who had been playing a Diplo game. Jaguar was inputing his latest guess into Hangman after Joncha had PMed him the current word. Jon Miller was logged in but not in any forum, just browsing through his latest PMs.
      Nikolai was posting pictures of his fork collection in the Picture thread. Adagio was in the chat room trying to work out why he was even there. Chaunk was analysing the last mafia thread wondering why his guesses were so worng.
      Duke o' York was also in hiding , just lurking and watching. Reismark was ovr in the Off Topic discussing the latest Bush Hate Thread. Skanky Burns was contempalting how he could keep up with Grandpa Trolls posting madness.
      Spaced Cowboy was playing a Forum game called Nuclear war. Paddy the Scot had collapesed drunk on his computer keyboard and had just made his 30,000 th post for the year. Sparrowhawk was oblvivious to all the others, he was actually logged on but not at the omputer, he was talkig to mum.
      James the Scot was pretending to be not rellated to PAddy.
      Rah was adding up my posts and getting ready to enter a PCR for spamming. Fishsticks was jsut confused as to who he was the DL for. Snoopy I happend to not notice for awhile but eventually found him in the off topic too.
      Civman2000 was the last to login for the day.

Yes all was good at POLY. But little did anyone know, that somehow , there was amongst them, a KILLER. The person had installed the altest Computer Virus that actually infected via the keyboard the person logged in. This person had gone crazy and wanted to wipe out POLY all together.
      Last edited by Rasputin; March 21, 2006, 19:01.

Comment

Chapter 2: The Virus is loaded

Far away, somewhere in the world, one Member of poly inserted a DVD ROM into the computer drive. He searched the disc for the file he wanted and copied it to the harddrive. He smiled as he cracked his knuckles and executed the program.

It flashed up some lovely Video effects and then an Evil Laughter came from the computers speakers. The loading image changed to one of a screen with a list of peoples IP adresses.

The Killer scanned the list and selected randomly from the list. He double clicked the IP address and waited for the file to locate the distant computer.

After about 30 seconds, a message flashed on the screen. Please confirm INFECTION , The killer hit the OK button and sat back and waited for the Virus to arrive at the other end.

Comment

/me holds his hands away from the keyboard. Oh wait...
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Chapter 3 - The Initial Thoughts

I was blissfully unaware of the killers intent so I continued to do my usual postings and was starting to update my usual SPAMMER of the month list. I quickly jumped over to the Hangman thread to make my usual assinine comments.
            Whilst in the hangman thread I read through the last few guesses. It was a 5 letter word, so far the clever people had guessed only one letter. _ _ O _ _ . They had used so many of the usual guesses already too. Joncha was gloating at his end as he had searched Google dilengently all day to find an archaic word or two that no one would ever guess.
            I did a quick refresh and saw the last post from Duke. It was very strange, I repeat it here as it truly amazed me.

The word is obvious it is ZXCVB

Obviously he was drunk I thought. I typed a witty repsonse to Duke and so did a few others. But Duke remained silent. Strange I thought. None of us were to know that the virus had arrived at Dukes computer and infected his keyboard. He was now laying on the floor of his room DEAD.
            Last edited by Rasputin; March 21, 2006, 17:54.

Comment

Code:
              Ljube
              Jaguar
              Jon Miller
              Joncha
              Nikolai
              Adagio
              Chaunk
              Duke o' YorkINFECTED
              Reismark
              Skanky Burns
              Spaced Cowboy
              Paddy the Scot
              Sparrowhawk  
              James the Scot  
              Rah  
              Fishsticks  
              Civman2000  
              Snoopy
              Last edited by Rasputin; March 21, 2006, 19:02.

Comment

Raz, we have an odd number of players and we should have an even number of players for this game to work, or two victims in one round. I suggest you also include snoopy who signed up in the last mafia game thread, but was omitted because he didn't resubmit his application in the sign-up thread.

Do we have one or two mafias this time?

Comment

*sigh*
                  As I've said time after time, the game works perfectly well with odd numbers too...

Anyway, I'm off to bed, will look at this with (hopefully) fresh eyes tomorrow I think, I'm dead tired...
                  Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                  Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Was planning to instigate a double murder at some stage of the game to make it work, but if snoopy wants in i can simply include him

As to number of mafias, i cant release that information due to the fact they might target me next time

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
                      *sigh*
                      As I've said time after time, the game works perfectly well with odd numbers too...

Anyway, I'm off to bed, will look at this with (hopefully) fresh eyes tomorrow I think, I'm dead tired...
                      you are right, it is just traditional to have even numbers...

i can do all sorts to make it work

Comment

Fair enough, I probably wouldn't disclose that info either if I were the GM.

Yes, snoopy did wish to join, so please, do let him in.

Comment

So let the Docpiles begin, who is going to be the Random lamb to the slaughter.. Some of our usual first candidates are not here this time. So the poor Innocents are all trembling

Comment

and for the record, updates will occur approx every 24 hous regardless of whether everyone has posted .

if my mafia misses a KILL then i will randomly select one to die.

Comment

You can't count me out. I don't need the abuse.
                              ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Working...
                              X