X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a webgame

Ogame was pretty good, but ultimatly

to the point:
    1.Attention required and skill needed to advance was too high. Sure i had 7000 points\6 days. But clearly to maintain anything like that i would need to play it fulltime as i see some do, if you read the forums.
    2.I had a guy with 300+ battleships 20 minutes away from me in my galaxy.
    3.Micromanagement

So is there a game where i can trade\build up? maybe with a little combat, but without the 7th strongest player in the universe sending 300 battleships everyday

What is there besides ogame out there?
    if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

http://www.kingdomofloathing.com/

There isn't a whole lot of player interaction, though, except PvP, so might not be your cup of tea.

Vovan
    XBox Live: VovanSim
    xbox.com (login required)
    Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
    Spore page

Comment

Ogame is the best free MMO space type game that I've found and I've tried quite a few. If I find something better, I'll let you know.

There are other types (non-space) but they seem a bit tired as well.

I haven't tried this one yet.

Might be what you are looking for.
      We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Thanks

Ill check em out

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Kingdom of Loathing is quite fun

There's also SimCountry and NationStates. There's a Poly forum on the latter which was quite active some time ago.

You can also try Trade Wars. It's not a Web-based game, you need a telnet client to play. However it is low maintenance. Check the Poly forum for details.
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Maybe you should try to do some work whilst in the office.

Comment

ive used or have telnet. not much though.
              already in nationstates-Agent Smith Land and PlanetTamarania

KoL is funny

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                Maybe you should try to do some work whilst in the office.
                Well I do. Two hours a day is a lot
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

That explains your posting activity lately.

Comment

How about this one?

Second Life's official website. Second Life is a free 3D virtual world and original metaverse where users can create, connect, and chat with others from around the world using voice and text.

Second Life is a 3-D virtual world entirely built and owned by its residents. Since opening to the public in 2003, it has grown explosively and today is inhabited by nearly 100,000 people from around the globe.

* From the moment you enter the World you’ll discover a vast digital continent, teeming with people, entertainment, experiences and opportunity. Once you’ve explored a bit, perhaps you’ll find a perfect parcel of land to build your house or business.

* You’ll also be surrounded by the Creations of your fellow residents. Because residents retain the rights to their digital creations, they can buy, sell and trade with other residents.

* The Marketplace currently supports millions of US dollars in monthly transactions. This commerce is handled with the in-world currency, the Linden dollar, which can be converted to US dollars at several thriving online currency exchanges.
                    It's a bit scary, this thing is a quasi-matrix
                    Last edited by Nostromo; March 7, 2006, 22:00.
                    Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Working...
                    X