No announcement yet.

What games would you like to see made?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What games would you like to see made?

A definitive 4X space strategy game. It's still a lame duck genre, IMO.

An Japanese-style RPG set in the Metroid universe. Without random battles.

A RPG-esque game which turns the usual laws of progression on their head. For example, you start with a huge pile of money, which represents the bulk of the money you'll get in the whole game. Spend it well...

A noirish, black-and-white, Art Deco, 1930s action shooter.

A game set in Rio De Janeiro. Or Nairobi. With subtitles.

A Harry Potter MMORPG.

A MMORPG that goes beyond the traditional high fantasy setting, and actually breaks new creative ground for a change.

More strategy games with realistic expectations - I want to concentrate on building and controling a strong state, not conquering the whole world.
    Lime roots and treachery!
    "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Originally posted by Cyclotron
      A MMORPG that goes beyond the traditional high fantasy setting, and actually breaks new creative ground for a change.
      There are some MMORPGs which go beyond traditional high fantasy, although they've not done wildly well as far as I know - Matrix Online and Star Wars Galaxies for example. Both film tie-ins...

Comment

Re: What games would you like to see made?

Originally posted by Sandman
        A definitive 4X space strategy game. It's still a lame duck genre, IMO.
        Yes please, I don't want to have to make my own since it would be all gameplay and not much on wizbang.
        We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Is GalCiv(2) a 4X space strat game? (I have no idea what the technical defn is...)
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman
            There are some MMORPGs which go beyond traditional high fantasy, although they've not done wildly well as far as I know - Matrix Online and Star Wars Galaxies for example. Both film tie-ins...
            Star wars and the Matrix suffer from the same malady that makes high fantasy so boring - they're brutally, viciously overexposed.

I had an idea for an MMORPG where all the playable races would be various bird-like flying creatures; it would go beyond the "I can't walk through this conveniently placed line of trees" **** that I see on current RPGs. The only humans in the game would be primitive people that would occasionally throw spears at you if you buzzed too close to their sad little enclaves.

Then again, I was really high when I thought that one up.
            "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

When is the demo coming out?

Comment

Indeed, it does sound quite interesting.
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

For the graphics, just take existing RPG graphics and invert the RGB.
                  Visit First Cultural Industries
                  There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                  Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

I think it'd be cool to see a Call of Duty kind of game that revolves around a guerilla/ partisan group, setting up ambushes, sabotaging etc...
                    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

A RPG based on the Call of Cthulhu pen and paper RPG

A RPG based on GURPS, or inspired by it.
                      Last edited by Nostromo; February 14, 2006, 01:54.
                      Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                        When is the demo coming out?
                        When I receive a team of indentured servant-programmers that will work for baked goods.

I thought "Flight" (that was the best thing I could think of after a 15 minute longs series of bong hits) might be an interesting cross between a flight sim and an RPG, with the following "new" elements that I see lacking in modern RPGs:

- A totally 3D world. I don't mean 3rd rendered, I mean all 3D movement. Other games skip this - NWN has no "up" or "down," WOW has flying creatures (griffons) but you can't control them (they might as well just be a teleporter).
                        - A completely unrestricted world. No more random-ass barriers, lines of trees, unexpected cliffs, or doors that only unlock when you're level X: All areas would be accessible by air, and you could go anywhere you wanted.
                        - Kill the damn dungeon already. Adventuring areas would be new and fresh, with treetop villages, winding canyons, and even cloud castles to turn the "dungeon crawl" into a whole new experience.
                        - A new skill set. The game would appeal to flight sim fans and anyone else who loves flying; each race would have different abilities, such as better gliding or sharper turning, that could also be improved with skills.
                        - The abolition of classes. Character classes would be utterly destroyed; instead, players earn points that can be placed into physical skills or magical skills. Physical skills control maneuvering, aerial combat, speed, and stamina. Magical skills delve into any number of abilities and sorceries both beneficial and baneful. The kind of character you are reflects how you improve your skills, not relying on the arbitrary notion of class.
                        - A mechanism like in Guild Wars that stops high level characters from being infinitely more powerful than lower level ones. There could be all sorts of ways to do it; one I considered was having painted tailfeathers be a kind of shamanic requirement for casting spells, and so for one race you could only have as many different spells equipped as you have tailfeathers to paint/enchant.

Actually, that's basically a list of things I'd like to see in any RPG. The genre is tired and dull, not having changed significantly since the heady early days of Everquest, save perhaps for GW's minor revolution.

Comment

Wow. Game designers need to do more drugs.
                          Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Kass, everyone needs to do more drugs.

Comment

Very true.
                              Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Working...
                              X