X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Actually I was quite good at pinball.

Did anybody else master the slide flip?

When a ball was going down the center drain, I could actually push the side of the table such that the machine moved (slid) but the ball did not, which enabled me to get a little bit of flipper on it...all without getting the tilt. Especially powerful with a double flipper technique.
      We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

How delightfully underhand.

Comment

It all depended on how the tilts were set. Some machines you could barely breath on and it would tilt, while others.......................you could move 3 or 4 inches.
          During one tournament one of the more physical players actualy slid a machine tilting the one next to it without tilting the one he was playing.
          On another machine he slammed it into the wall and screamed injustice when it tilted.
          Yes a little sliding was expected and necessary to compete at that level. Especially on the older smaller flipper games.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

now all we need is a little Grand Funk Railroad with American Band playing on the Jukebox or even Yes with Roundabout..

memories
            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Yes tilts varied greatly, but I usually did not give a lot of quarters to one that was easily tilted.

I just remembered on the older machines, you could slide up the backglass and roll yourself up some free games on the games counter.
              We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Spaced Cowboy
                Yes tilts varied greatly, but I usually did not give a lot of quarters to one that was easily tilted.

I just remembered on the older machines, you could slide up the backglass and roll yourself up some free games on the games counter.
                made work harder

I love a couple similiar games, Magnatron and Dutron , IIRC, awe shucks been 30 years
                Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

I misspent my youth in the Brighton seafront arcades back in the '80s. Some of them still remain but all the pinball machines had been phased out in favour of more slots the last time I looked around. The youth of today don't know what they are missing. Still, at least they are getting to experience old spectrum and commodore games on their mobile phones so the past is not completely dead
                  Last edited by Grumbold; February 17, 2006, 05:42.
                  To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                  H.Poincaré

Comment

A couple of friends of mine have a pinball machine in their collective. I went to a party there and creamed everyone first time I played I had that insane flow you can get when you´re slightly drunk and relaxed. Don´t remember what the game was though, but it was a fairly modern one.
                    I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Originally posted by Grumbold
                      Still, at least they are getting to experience old spectrum and commodore games on their mobile phones so the past is not completely dead
                      Bah, the youth of today don't even know what a Spectrum is. They probably think Nokia made those classics.

Comment

I'm not 100% sure what a Spectrum is, besides some kind of computer. But I'm not dumb, thank God; I know it wasn't Nokia that made those games. Everybody knows it was Sony after all, as everything else these days!
                        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                          X