Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recomend Daz a TB space-strategy...

Title says it all.

Just to give you a few hints.... I liked Moo1, Moo2, Ascendancy.

Thanks...

Galactic Overlord.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Played SMAC?
      "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
      Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

SMAC is not really a space game, it just does not take place on Earth.

I like Moo1/2 and Ascendancy as well.
        Try Stars, not easy to find and fairly old now, but it is a windows game.

Next Space Empires III or IV, but they more or less never dropped in price.

Sort of real time, but Star Ships Unlimited is worth a peek.

Now this one I never fell in love with, but others liked it, Galactic Civilization.

Two older ones that are not bad:

Star General (TBS)
        Pax Imperium II (real time)

Comment

I played SMACX, want something else to play now...

I played Space Empires 4, and was somewhat dissapointed by the AI. SO thats not an option.

Skanky: Thanks, I already played Moo3. That was enough...

Comment

Galactic Civilisation.
            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
            Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

What VXMA1 said, but I'll add another oldie, STARS!

Really not much going on in that space as far as new product is concerned (aside from Gal civ 2 and Space Empires 5 which are not yet out).
              We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Coming to the genre now I'd play the GalCiv games.

Comment

If you are willing to download a thirdparty editor, then SW: Rebellion. The default values generaly suck so you need RebEd to fix it. My homepage has recommended settings that I use for it.
                  I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

GalCiv
                    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback:

I thinks I'll try finding GalCiv.

Stars is almost impossible to find...

Comment

GalCiv 2 is coming out March this year and looks quite good too.
                        "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
                        Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

Yeah, I'm watching Galciv2 closely as well, could become quite a shocker.

In the 23rd century the known galaxy is at war. The Terran Alliance and their coalition are fighting a desperate interstellar war with the evil Drengin Empire and their ruthless allie.
                          DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

hoboy,oboy,oboy

*skips*

Comment

Looks interesting no doubt.

5 days til code freeze and Frogboy (Brad) is still tweaking the ai and finding erros in the code.

Makes me think that there will be some problems on the release.
                              We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X