No announcement yet.

Raiding the dying bargain bins - Roller Coaster Tycoon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which puts it right up there with cleaning the toilet.

*runs*

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
      Which puts it right up there with cleaning the toilet.
      No, that would be playing Settlers2
      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

loaded this up again, and played through the forest scenario.

So many nice little touches.

For ex, if youve built an info booth (which sells umbrellas as well as maps) and it rains, all the folks who bought an umbrella pop it open. If i change the ferris wheel from 2 circuits per tick, to 3, folk complain about going around too long.

Just so clever, and so many little things thought out.
        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Let us know how cute you find it after a few hours play.

Comment

RCT1 probably won't play if you have XP... I know that it never worked on my new computer

So I had to purchase RCT2 and try to rebuild my old park empires... it wasn't the same

I built some amazing parks... and had a website for the game- it received over 250,000 hits in the days when 250K meant a lot. (the era 1999-2001). *Sigh*

I'm surprised that it works for you, and am glad that it's a s fun for you as it was for me.

My suggestion- if the scenarios become boring and trite- download a "trainer" and a sandbox park and then just build whatever you like, whenever you like. I always found the scenarios too tedious- the desert dunes one was the only one I beat after sinking hundreds of hours into them- sandbox is really the way to go!
            -->Visit CGN!
            -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud
              RCT1 probably won't play if you have XP... I know that it never worked on my new computer
              Wasn't there a patch release, to make it work in WinXP?
              This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Roller Coaster Tycoon

Tip: When you build a roller coaster, build restrooms by the exit, so if people have to throw up after coming off the ride, they won't do it on your pathways.

If you can keep the first rating number (I forget what it's called) around a 5 or a 6, it'll maximize the number of riders. Sure, you can build a really scary 14 or so, but almost no one will go on it.

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark
                  No, that would be playing Settlers2
                  I still play that. It is fun.
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Wasn't there a patch release, to make it work in WinXP?
                    Not that I know of? I'd love to see it if there exists one... hopefully I didn't delete all my parks yet

Tip: When you build a roller coaster, build restrooms by the exit, so if people have to throw up after coming off the ride, they won't do it on your pathways.
                    That really works?
                    -->Visit CGN!
                    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                      I still play that. It is fun.
                      Yeah, Settlers 2 is great... can't wait for the remake, hoping it's just as good
                      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Yeah, I'm sure it wont be though.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
                          Roller Coaster Tycoon

Make sure your merry-go-rounds don't go beserk, happened to me!
                          "Dumb people are always blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are."
                          Check out my Blog!

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud

So I had to purchase RCT2 and try to rebuild my old park empires... it wasn't the same

I built some amazing parks... and had a website for the game- it received over 250,000 hits in the days when 250K meant a lot. (the era 1999-2001). *Sigh*

I'm surprised that it works for you, and am glad that it's a s fun for you as it was for me.

My suggestion- if the scenarios become boring and trite- download a "trainer" and a sandbox park and then just build whatever you like, whenever you like. I always found the scenarios too tedious- the desert dunes one was the only one I beat after sinking hundreds of hours into them- sandbox is really the way to go!

Im playing this on my dino puter, which is a Win 98 machine, and it works fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
                              Roller Coaster Tycoon

If you can keep the first rating number (I forget what it's called) around a 5 or a 6, it'll maximize the number of riders. Sure, you can build a really scary 14 or so, but almost no one will go on it.
                              see, i didnt even realize restrooms effected throwup.

Did I just say that?

Comment

Working...
                              X