I'm getting rid of most of my games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm getting rid of most of my games

I'm moving from NY to CA after Christmas, so to lighten my load I'm purging many of my belongings. This includes a lot of games I haven't played in a while, and a few I haven't played at all.

So if you're looking for anything, you may want to check out my eBay auctions, sold under the name labbie2.

I have them up in 5 lots:

RTS (Starcraft, Warcraft 2, Simcity 2000, Dark Reign, Rage of Mages)

RPG (Baldur's Gate, Everquest, Asheron's Call, Return to Zork, & more)

Grand Theft Auto & such (GTA1, GTA3, True Crime: Streets of LA, Syndicate Plus, Postal (the original), & Crusader: No Regret)

Half-Life/Battlefield collection (HL, HL: Opposing Force, BF 1942, BF Road to Rome, Return to Castle Wolfenstein)

FPS (Rogue Spear, Quake 2, Soldier of Fortune 2, Die by the Sword, Wheel of Time, Resident Evil, Mechwarrior 2, SiN, etc.)

They are really cheap, and the auctions are really short (3 day), so check 'em out if you're looking for games.

Remember, labbie2.

How much space and weight do a few dozen games really represent?

Comment

In the original boxes, a fair bit of space. They also represent money being tied up that can't be used for other purposes.
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Sell one's old games?! Heretic!

- "Look kids what daddy played in his youth, using a 56K modem!"

- "56K? Modem?"

Some of those games will give you a nice retirement bonus 40 years from now, I tell you!

Carolus

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
          In the original boxes, a fair bit of space. They also represent money being tied up that can't be used for other purposes.
          like more games?

seriously I'll have to start buying on Ebay one of these days. Im still raiding the bins at Ebgames, while they have them, though.
          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

I'm horrified.

I still have NES cartridges and even Spectrum cassettes.

Comment

I've got a box of old Amiga games back in my parents' loft somewhere, and would love to be able to play them again. I did offer to buy Maq's Megadrive too, so the old games still have a strong appeal.

Comment

No adventures?? I think I let this one go
                Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                And notifying the next of kin
                Once again...

Comment

I was thinking about selling my game collection. Probably 60+ CDs plus 20 or so cartridges ( ), mostly form the 90s. Think I'd be able to get much for a large bulk-sale of my collection?
                  Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

It's darn painful to part with many of them (just wait 'til my huge TBS lot - Civ3 + expansions, Gal Civ, Political Machine, Civ2 + expansions, MOO2, Master of Magic, Civ1, etc.) but I don't play them anymore (well, I have Civ3 on my PC & laptop with the no-CD crack, a copy of Civ2 MGE I'm keeping, etc.) Civ4 is taking all my Civ time now, and we've only scratched the surface of it's capabilities, Gal Civ2 is coming out soon...

Paring down my book collection was much harder. But I have to face some facts:

I'm moving, and it costs money, time & space to transport and store these things.

I have barely any time for anything these days. My reading has declined since the computer came around (though I'm trying to increase my reading time), and there are a ton of films I haven't seen yet.

If I ever need to replay anything, I can buy it, or acquire it from a friend (no questions asked, of course).

So, it's been painful, but it's forced me to assess my possessions and determine what is really valuable and worth my time. Hard choices - part of being a grownup, I suppose.

Ludd: You'd be surpised. Do some research on eBay first. Some items will be best sold separately, some as lots.

Comment

When did you play Asheron's Call?
                      What server?

Comment

Never played it. So far the only MMORPG I've played has been City of Heroes, which was fun but lacked sufficient depth to keep me interested for long (but character creation was awesome!)

I have hopes for Middle Earth Online, Conan: The Hyborian Age (or whatever it's called), and Rockstar is working on a gangster MMORPG, which should be interesting (to say the least).

Comment

Re: I'm getting rid of most of my games

Originally posted by ajbera
                          I'm moving from NY to CA after Christmas, so to lighten my load I'm purging many of my belongings. This includes a lot of games I haven't played in a while, and a few I haven't played at all.

So if you're looking for anything, you may want to check out my eBay auctions, sold under the name labbie2.

I have them up in 5 lots:

RTS (Starcraft, Warcraft 2, Simcity 2000, Dark Reign, Rage of Mages)

Hmm, ive got SC and SC IE Starcraft and Simcity 2000. No reall interest in the others.

RPG (Baldur's Gate, Everquest, Asheron's Call, Return to Zork, & more)
                          Ive got BG. Not interested in the MMORPG's.

Grand Theft Auto & such (GTA1, GTA3, True Crime: Streets of LA, Syndicate Plus, Postal (the original), & Crusader: No Regret)
                          Interesting category - crime games? Needless to say, i have no interest in these.

Half-Life/Battlefield collection (HL, HL: Opposing Force, BF 1942, BF Road to Rome, Return to Castle Wolfenstein)
                          Im looking for HL, but probably not worth getting the whole package.
                          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Opposing force is decent, if not inspiring.

Comment

I'll try Starcraft a little during the holidays (amongst other games). Never played it before, but a collegue tells me the game is well-balanced and eagerly wants to handle my finer parts to me in MP...

My wife will leave the 26th of December and be away for almost 4 weeks!

Goodbye normal life, hello gaming world!

Carolus

Comment

Working...
                              X