Caesar IV Announced for 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caesar IV Announced for 2006

Another addition to the strategy game city building genre made famous by Caesar 3 and Pharoah. Vivendi will be publishing it and Tilted Mill will be developing.

I happened to enjoy Caesar 3 and Pharoah immensely so I hope that the latest installment will continue to impress.

Old news, there's an thread about this already (a couple of months ago)

But I'm sure I'll keep an eye on it, hoping it'll be good... I'm not a big fan of Caesar 3 though, I guess I just never really got into it...
    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I liked Caesar (the first one) best

jM
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I liked caesar II enormously

the battles were some sort of a uberprimitive version of rome total war

the cities on the other hand looked superb
        "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
        "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

I'm just wondering if its going to have a stronger influence from the Children of The Nile game? or if it will be more like the older Caesar games?
          Still just in case i picked up Pharaoh+Cleopatra on budget for £5 the other day - i own Pharaoh already but have not been able ot pick up the Cleopatra expansion game before. This way i'll know i'll be happy with some city building.
          CeasarIII was an ok game, but Pharaoh just looked more interesting/exotic to me, so it got overlooked in favour of the later.
          'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Pharoah was a fun game and was more of a better Caesar III, but with a different theme. I liked it, but the idea of building tombs didn't appeal to me like Caesar did.

One problem with the Caesar 3 AI was in combat. The spawn points were few and you could eventually discern exactly where they were. Hence you could build fortifications and chew up anything that was thrown at you.

Comment

I enjoyed caesar 3, but as you got to the harder cities it was pretty demanding of particularly shaped blocks, which got kinda frustrating. So i never finished it. I might go back and play it again, or get Pharoah.
              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

For a 2D game Pharoah looked wonderfull, maybe a little more polished than Caesar3, but still both were great games. They were complicated enough city builders for me, SimCity were also great games but i found them not as intuitive as the Caesar type games.
                Still glad Tilted Mill are carrying on with the series and as Harry Tuttle mentions, i hope they sort out the combat better than they have so far(not neccesarily make it more a feature of the game - just come up with something more satisfying).

In fact i'm glad Tilted Mill are still making games for PC
                'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

I have Caesar II, Caesar III and Pharao.

I like Caesar III and Pharao a lot! Never really played Caesar II... The reason? Caesar III! I dug in on that first and found no reason to go backwards in the series... Considering Civ II and Civ III that may have been a major mistake?!

I'm definitely going to lay my hands on Caesar IV...

Edit: Unless the reviews, here and elsewhere, tell me otherwise...

Carolus

Comment

Working...
                  X