X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FG: Mafia 41: Football Forever

Chapter 1.
    The roll call

It was a dark and dreary night, a night not unlike so many nights this past winter. It had been one of those boring reptitive winters. Night after night of sheer boredom nothing to do. During the day things were not too bad, as the rain fell mostly at night. Here in this small country town though, they yearned for more, they yearned for a night life. Something to do on Friday or Saturday night, instead of watching re-runs of Television shows, that though good the first time, they were spent by the time they were made into re-runs.

So it was to the Football Club that the villagers looked to supply their entertainment. It had the only licenced premises in the whole town and so was the local watering hole for all. The Club had been fundraising for many a year now and the government had been very generous in supplying money to them. The club had contracted out and had lights installed.

And so it was that the whole of the Club committee was gathered here, tonight, for the official "Lighting ceremony".

They had built a lovely little stage area on the boundary of the field and placed a raised dais on it. Behind this stood the Club's President Rah. He had been running this club since its inception. Everything that the club had , was becasue Rah had made it so. By Rah's side was Illuminatus the Vice President. He was a new comer to the club an no one was really sure how he had got the numbers to get elected, especially Adagio the ousted Vice who now sat in front row instead of standing beside his friend.
    To the rear of the PResident and Vice was the club Treasurer jonny his skillful bookkepping had led to the funds used to bringing lights to this ground.
    Helping with the last bit of perperation was CLub Secretary Jaguar He had been involved in the club since birth, well just about. His father Chaunk had been Rahs right hand man at foundation. Now Chaunk was happy to be in retirement, but as always was present for official functions such as this. The players chief representative Spaced Cowboy was joking with a few of the local reporters , Mrs Tuberski and Ljube.
    Sitting with Adagio was club members Jon Miller, Nikolai and Geomodder.
    Putting the finishing touches to the "dummy" switch to be used during the ceremony was the Electrictian civman2000 and his offside Reismark.
    Skanky burns was behind the bar preparing some cocktails for after the speeches. By his side was his good friend, Tuberski.
    The rest of the gathered people were the dignatories from the big city. Snoopy369 was here today representing the Mayor of Biffo, the largest city near to the vilalge. He had travelled far to be here, and hated it already. Talking to him was Hercules the main club sponsor and owner of Biffo Department Stores.
    Hidden away till the ceremony began were two more people. Behind a large curtain on the stage was a very large cake. Inside this cake were two lovely ladies Drspike and Joncha Two Dancing Starlets from the Village.

All was now in readiness for Rahs opening speech. This should be a night to remember.

And it was .........................
    GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Why was it a night to remember?
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

that information comes in chapter 2 " a night to remember"

Comment

Spikie and joncha "two lovely ladies"?
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I'm guessing Joncah has a whip and is wearing leather.
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Rasputin!

He who knows others is wise.
            He who knows himself is enlightened.
            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Just to clarify things at this early stage, is this football or handmelon we're talking about?

Comment

It's clearly soccer. Not only is Ras an Aussie, but you don't call (American) football teams 'clubs'.
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

It could be Aussie Rules Fightball!

Comment

Originally posted by GeoModder
                    Rasputin!

Probably the Mafia!
                    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Re: FG: Mafia 41: Football Forever

Originally posted by Rasputin
                      Chapter 1.
                      The roll call

Hidden away till the ceremony began were two more people. Behind a large curtain on the stage was a very large cake. Inside this cake were two lovely ladies Drspike and Joncha Two Dancing Starlets from the Village.

Comment

~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

No opening speech by me could top the entertainment value already present in that last quote.
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Chapter Two
                            A Night to remember

Rah placed his prepared speech on the dais and cleared his throat. He tapped the wooden dais and finally got everyones attention.

"My fellow Football Fanatics, Honoured guests and others." he began.
                            "As you all know it is with great jubilation that i stand here before you today to open this ceremony for our official lighting. Now we will be able to play night games in this beautiful stadium that has been developed at greatexpense, thanks to the tireless efforts of our commitee and Sponsors and the governement funding."
                            He turned to acknowledge Hercules for the sponsorship. "Can we have a round of applause for Biffo Department stores, because with Biffo things are really Spiffo!"

The crowd cheered and Hercules waved his thanks to them and Rah.

"Now it is my great pleasure to invite to the podium .........." he never finished his speech as suddenly the power went out and all was total darkness.
                            A commotion broke out in the crowd and then there was sounds of people running. Screams from back stage caught everyones attention. Panic began to set in. But then just as suddenly the power was back on.
                            Rah looked around the stage and crowd area to find everyone no longer where they were. Even the dancing girls were now down in the crowd.
                            Just then DrSpike Screamed out and fainted into the arms of Ljube. Ljube lay her down and fanned her but stopped as he looked in the direction she had been looking prior to fainting. There laying across the foot of the steps was Chaunk. He ws covered in blood from head to foot. IT looked like every part of his body had received some sort of cut. Rah came down to see what was going on and gasped to see an old buddy in such a state. Ljube being a good reporter was soon taking photos and taking peoples statements. "where were you?" " What did you hear" were questions he asked. Mrs Tuberski did a close examination of the body and announced, DEATH by a Thousand Small Cuts.

Clutched in Chaunks hand was a computer print out of the clubs players and on it he had circled three players names . The players seemed to be unrelated in any way and when Rah checked them he said that the only link for the three players was they were all new recruits.

Comment

Illuminatus is suspicious

JM
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN
                              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
                              X