ascendancy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ascendancy

I fired this up again. I just had to hear those ships taking hits and blowing up. I also like the sound when they go into starlanes.

Yeah I know the game is easy, that is why I only do it every other year.

hey nearly missed this! Yeah i liked/like Ascendancy too - apart from the AI(about as 'good' as CTP2 pre-mod out the box).

Ascendancy is similar to, but nevertheless very different from, Master of Orion. You play one of many races, each with a special ability and special character traits, who set off to explore space, erect colonies (which can each have individual...

+

for those who might like a few screenies etc. a flawed but fun gem of a game i still fire up from time to time

Beautiful sound+graphics too - a lot of loving attention was spent on them
    'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

One of my favorites. A remake of this game would be simply astonishing - and very unlikely, as TLF has been comatose for about a decade now. By far, the best concept of any strategy game.

Brunswick Dissipators
      Lime roots and treachery!
      "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

We did it in Name the Game quite recently.

Comment

They were working on MMO version, but even that died. I used to enjoy their forum, till it went away.

I will have to see if it will run in DosBox. I use my Win98 pc when I feel the urge. Mainly just to hear the sounds.

Comment

Their old forum was quite a bit of fun - there were about 10 of us or so who posted there regularly, and it was totally unmoderated, so... It's a shame they took it out.

Did you ever post, vmxa1?
            Lime roots and treachery!
            "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Yes and I remember your name as well. It was not real active when I found it and a few years later it was gone.

Comment

I just looked and I still have a post soemone made about their ships (Saratoga was one).

Comment

Working...
                X