SimCity 4 and Railroads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SimCity 4 and Railroads

Why the hell can I not build railroads with 90 degree turns/angles? Why am I limited to only building railroads in a straight line?

What if I don't like straight!?
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

badump-bump!

Comment

Seriously guys -- when ever I try to build a railroad route that turns 90 degrees, it shows the intersecting railroads as if they were disconnected.

Comment

Have you ever seen a railroad turn 90 degrees in real life?

Actually, you can get a (almost) 90-degree turn, something like in the attachment, although the tile in light gray is unusable IIRC. I'll try and post an actual screenshot once I get my SC4 CD back.
        Attached Files
        oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

When have you EVER seen a train take a 90 degree turn and not derail?

Go here and find a mod or whatever:
          Online City-Building community for SimCity 4, Cities: Skylines, SimCity and SC3000. Featuring custom mod downloads, forum help and discussion, game reference articles, guides, and City Journals.

And as always: SEARCH FIRST BEFORE ASKING AND POST IN THE APPROPRIATE FORUM! People get a little anal about such things there.
          The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Well duh! A train does not turn 90 degrees in real life but just as with Civ 4, if you have a game that is 100% all about reality you lose the fun factor, right?

Maybe my memory is not getting along with me tonight, but I thought in Simcity 3000 you could make railroad routes with 90 degree turns?

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
              Maybe my memory is not getting along with me tonight, but I thought in Simcity 3000 you could make railroad routes with 90 degree turns?
              Yes, but that was SimCity 3000. And SimCity 3000 wasn't exactly known for being realistic in many ways.
              Last edited by Vlad Antlerkov; December 1, 2005, 19:37.
              oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Antlerkov

Yes, but that was SimCity 3000. And SimCity 3000 wasn't exactly known for being realistic in many ways.

Ah ha! So my memory is still intact.

Comment

Your problem could be solved by not playing SimCity 4 and finding a proper game.

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs

When have you EVER seen a train take a 90 degree turn and not derail?
                    In SimCity Classic/2000/3000

Originally posted by MrFun
                    Well duh! A train does not turn 90 degrees in real life but just as with Civ 4, if you have a game that is 100% all about reality you lose the fun factor, right?
                    You're right that sometimes realism in games can make them less fun, but that's not the case with this, it actually makes the game better
                    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Simcity 4:
                      Roads are for losers.

Comment

For some odd reason though, subways can still make 90-degree turns, and transit systems in general don't need to be built in lines.
                        Visit First Cultural Industries
                        There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                        Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Working...
                        X