Half Life 2: Aftermatch Coming Q1 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half Life 2: Aftermatch Coming Q1 2006

Yeah! Half Life 2 is my all time favorite first person shooter (single player).

It seems to feature lots of Alyx in this episode.

Here's a couple of screenshots, and a trailer:

GameSpot is the world's largest source for PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, PS Vita, Wii PC, 3DS, PSP, DS, video game news, reviews, previews, trailers, walkthroughs, and more.

Last edited by Ted Striker; November 19, 2005, 23:05.
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Btw, the Xbox version of Half-Life 2 just came out, and even though I was sceptical, it seems they pulled it off. It got very favorable reviews so far. So I bought it, since I can't run the PC version on my PC. Its surprisingly close to the PC version. In fact, its the exact same game, without the MP. I'm impressed! Kudos Valve!
    Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Wow, haven't seen a great deal of hype for this, which is strange if it really is only a few months away.

Comment

I hope that Valve drops the paranoia and releases this in a format which can be installed in, say, less than the 2 hours it took me to get HL2 running (after paying $A 85 for the game!).
        'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
        - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

I hope the game's a bit scarier than Halflife2.. I like suspense
          "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
          "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

I liked Ravenholm the best.

But there were so many good levels. Follow Freeman was solid, and also Nova Prospekt. Getting INTO Nova Prospekt through the Sand Dunes was cool too.
            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

the expansion is called AFTERMATH
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Cool! I liked Half Life 2, but the ending was not so great.

If Half Life 2's graphics engine were in Half Life 1, then Half Life 1 would be better, simply because of the story line.

But most likely I will be getting Aftermath, gotta stay with the series!
                be free

Comment

well hl2's ending simply sucked..
                  "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                  "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

HL2 didn't even really have an ending.
                    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Hence the sequel.

Comment

Originally posted by Traianvs
                        well hl2 simply sucked..
                        FIXED.

yeah... playing with the gravity gun was fun for about ten minutes...

then I went and played Counter-Strike: Source

single player is

and the ending sucked DEEZ NUTZ

I enjoyed Doom3 as a single player game much more. Doom3 at least had a good environment and ambience, etc. HL2 was just crap... like a bad B-movie.

The only thing HL2 has going for it is that the engine is used for Counter-Strike: Source and Day of Defeat: Source.

It's sad when mods are better than the actual game itself.
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                          the expansion is called AFTERMATH

Yeah.

It was a typo, I edited my first post's title but for some reason it didn't edit the thread title.

Comment

I actually did like Half Life 2 and didn't like Doom 3 as much, probably if you like one you won't like the other one.

The part about Doom 3 I coudn't stand the most is those info pads you kept picking up, it got so monotonous.

Though the ending in Half Life was good from a standpoint that it kept you waiting for what happens next.

But after all that work, you want to see a big explosion or something. Hit it with Alyx, have a threesome with Mossman, etc.

I've played it about 4 times through now, it's funny because after the first time you can make it through the levels really fast. That crazy ass steel factory/moving platform elevator thing took me a whole day but now I just breeze through it.

I did think some of the opening levels were a little monotonous, but they did a good job of making the pace faster and faster as you went. You want your more boring scenes in the beginning that way it starts to build up and cresendos like a story arc.

Though I didn't like the gravity gun too much, I prefer using the conventional weapons.

This is my favorite first person shooter (single player) ever.

Comment

Working...
                            X