Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I beat a legion of Black Dragons!!!

Just to pat myself on the back.

I only got 1.2 million xp for doing it, though.

got something like 47 million for doing the 7 stacks of 9999 archangels on the lower level, though. got level 56 and level 57 at the same time.

takes a bit of patience.

BTW, this is from HOMM3, i attached the savegame from just before the battle. it should be obvious I can wipe them out.
    Attached Files
    Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
    ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Nice huge scenario. Did you make it?

Comment

Hi FB, you should get Civ 4
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
        Hi FB, you should get Civ 4
        /me reminds UR that he's in the Other Games forum
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
          * snoopy369 reminds UR that he's in the Other Games forum
          /me points to Father Beast's location field
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

/me points to a pile of unmarked and non-sequential $50 notes
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

omg lol that's impressive..

you still play that game?
              "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
              "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Beating a Legion of anything but Black Dragons isn't that hard, with the right army and hero. Black Dragons are tough b/c of their magic immunity.

Good job!
                I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

how I did it

Now obviously, it would take an interminable amount of time to actually build up an army worthy of taking on a Legion of Black Dragons, but I found a way to gather more.

When you approach an army that is weaker than yours, there is a chance they will offer to join your army. Using the visions spell, you can see whether they are likely to join you or run away. I had some of my heroes wandering the map using the visions spell to scoop up various stacks of creatures. As I started getting a pretty big army, Even more powerful stacks started becoming available. I even got a legion of angels and then a legion of archangels.

There had been a week of the lich sometime early on, and there were legions of liches all over the map. I had somebody going around grabbing up the ones that she could. at one point she had 66,000 liches, but due to some bug, it got cut down to 16,000 when I reloaded.

There is a hill fort on the map, so I can upgrade all sorts of critters, but with legions of them, upgrade costs can get enormous. it can be offset somewhat by converting excess resources, but even that isn't enough. I paid the rest of my bills using the freelancers guild at the stronghold.

Agreed, Black Dragons can be a real problem because of their immunity to magic, but Archangels can be maddening because of their habit of ressurecting each other.

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...

Comment

Send in a mage with high power & intel +expert fire and Armageddon away. Equip him with an army of Black or Gold Dragons, or Titans (make sure you use anti-magic on them 1st!).
                    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

ArchAngels can only do it once per battle, so all you have to do is out last them.

Speaking of Liches, the most fun I had in Homm3 was using that artifact that lets you resurrect liches.

I can only remember black dragons stacks joining me in Homm2. It must have happened in III, but I can't recall it. I probably did not let them join.

What was the name of the site that use to have all the good maps, but they packed it in after IV came out? I must have DL hundreds from it.

Comment

Astral Wizard's would be the name.:-/
                        Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Yeah that's it, great site.

Comment

Oh, and BTW, UR, I can't play Civ4 since I'm still on Win98.

I'm probably behind on other specs, but that one stops me.

Comment

Originally posted by VJ
                              Nice huge scenario. Did you make it?
                              Yeah, to win, all you gotta do is take a castle on the sub level. I just put it off until I had done absolutely everything else. That map is just full of stuff to do.

BTW, I got that map from Map Haven. I'm pretty sure they're still oout there. I think astral wizard is gone.

Comment

Working...
                              X