No announcement yet.

Recommend (yes!) an FPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who the hell plays with arrows? Ever since there has been true 3D in FPS.. aka like, since Quake1 times, gosus been playin with wasd + mouse look always on (or at least toggled somehow)

Hell even Wolf 3D and Doom has been played with mouse + keyboard combination if you wanna beat it.... and theres been new engine modification out like zDoom for some quite time.

Not utilizing a superior way is just plain silly. Its like sticking to muskets in a nuclar arms race cause u dont want to read the manual to learn how to operate a spiffy repeating laser cannon....

and Doc is like, so right. How the hell are you gonna utilize all the function of ever growing complex FPS games these days with arrow keys. You got stuff like fast switch, lean left, lean right, flashlight, use, drop gun, grenade, reload, crouch, prone, weapon 1-10, melee attack, sprint, walk, holster, teleport(UT2k4), bullet time, etc etc etc....
    Last edited by Zero; November 20, 2005, 07:19.
    :-p

Comment

Indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike

Uh, you've never changed the default keys for a game, ever?
        as for configging keys... i try not to. Ive been in plenty of local tourneys for fighting games and LAN FPS that frown on changes buttons around... so I need to be at least proficient in default play. Otherwise I always try to minimize my response time cause default keys usually suck and dont accomodate for all buttons and situation, so I have to end up binding some keys too.

I first give the game developers a chance with their style. Then I try to come with my own which utilizes only buttons that extend no farther than T line. 6-0 num buttons?, I dont use em. I prioritize the weapons and consolidate to no more than 5 nnumbers. Since in UT2k4 all weapons are useful in theri respective situations, all the specialty function weapons like shield gun goes to C and rocket launchers and flak goes to R and F.
        :-p

Comment

Working...
        X