No announcement yet.

FG: Nascar XII Sign up Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW, what about the idea of eliminating Performance, and upping slightly the bonuses given to sway/turbo, I posted above?

Sway: +1 WC
    Turbo: +2 Max Speed

I'll probably make this a 4 lap game, unless that's considered way too long; I think this will be a slightly faster track, because of the huge straightaways and less total track length, in addition to the elimination of the sand trap alley.

About the goodie bags, certainly the bad ones could be modified to be not uberbad - ie, tacks = max speed -1 - though if the bad ones weren't very bad, i'd probably want to increase the % chance of a bad one to 50-50...
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

+2 max on turbo is probably too much. (but then what the heck do I know)
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

(in)

Comment

Ok, all the normal suspects are in except for drogue.
          He said he was travelling which is why I drove his car to the finish and I'm not sure when he's back.

List all the final info and we can think about which type cars we want. (and finalize any DISCUSSIONS)
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

My apologies, evil evil thing called "work" seems to be stepping in for a few days.

More than likely I can start this next week...

Comment

Well
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                +2 max on turbo is probably too much. (but then what the heck do I know)
                Missed this one earlier. And I thought you said turbo wasn't going to be chosen on this track Just trying to help it out ...

I'm going to fiddle with the track a bit today to try and even it out for turbo/sway, and then post something a bit later today

Comment

Yes, balancing is the toughest thing to do. The track is critical in that assesment. At least you tried a few trial laps. You'll know if you balanced it right when people choose their cars. I was happy to see a good distribution in the last race.
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I'm going to take advantage of Spaced being away until weds. to wait until that day to post the updated track, because i'm not done yet Stupid civ4

The only major change i'll probably make is cutting straight from (25,5) to (10,5), eliminating that 'optional' route and also eliminating that one curve. There will still be a 3-turn-curve there going into the straightaway. I may straighten out the top part a bit, also; but I still want 2 wc's to be needed for turbo cars on that top part (as they can easily get away with 0 wc's for basically the rest of the track).

Comment

Do you think it would be worthwhile to send a PM to Drogue? (Hopefully he signs up for this race but hasn't yet.........I think rah said he was away but perhaps he is back by now or will be back by Wednesday??).

Wonder if Drogue will be in this one ?

/me
                      "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

I'm actually about to do that Saw him posting in OT

Comment

I'm Back!
                          We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

No response from Drogue yet

Anyway, i'll post a new thread in a few minutes with my final track, and attach the URL here.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X