X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shattered Union - TBS war game

Hey

anybody has this game ?

I've been playing it for 2 days now, and it does have the "one more turn" syndrome, but I fear it won't last for 3+ years like SMAC does.
    no sig

I like the sound of the plot, gives it a mad max type appeal - but i'm not that keen on the graphics - they look a little wierd?
    'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

In some way the graphics are a lot better in the game, where you can zoom in/out, turn, move around... In screenshots they do tend to look a little cardbox-like.

But, this is certainly not a game with superb graphics. I would have expected such a remark on almost every forum but this one though :-)
      no sig

Comment

Originally posted by PJayTycy
        edit.....

But, this is certainly not a game with superb graphics. I would have expected such a remark on almost every forum but this one though :-)
        its doubly ironic coming from me too

Still i had changed my post, what i origonaly posted was, "........but i'm not that keen on the graphics - 3D and grand strat rarely mix well in my experience?"

but i figured i've said this kind of thing soooo many times that people would be getting sick of it by now

Also i haven't played the game so i cant say for certain this could be the case.

Still the fact its a TBS means you have the time to wrestle with the 3D before the enemy are upon you - so maybe its not such an issue in this game, as say compared to Empire Earth and simular titles?
        'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Comment

Someone else here said they were going to get this. They promised feedback IIRC.

Comment

In this months 'Games(tm)' magazine they reviewed it, not that it got a great review; but it brought to my attention that it is also coming out on Xbox which makes me much more likely to get it due to my low spec pc's.

So any more feedback from people that might have it already?

Comment

Working...
            X