FG: Mafia 38 - The Smurfs, Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FG: Mafia 38 - The Smurfs, Part 2

Mafia continues. Update will be in a few hours.

Thanks Ljube.
    Gurka 17, People of the Valley
    I am of the Horde.

Comment

Chapter 11 – Alas, poor Jokey!

Most of the remaining Smurfs had noticed the argument between Nosey and Handy and overheard Handy threatening Nosey, so the vote was clear for them. Slouchy was suspicious about Azrael’s incessant meowing, so he cast his vote for him, but a fair number of Smurfs suspected Smurfette was framing Handy, just as she had framed Farmer earlier, so they thought and cast their votes for her.

“Are you smurfing crazy”, asked Jokey. “For Mother Nature’s sake, she is the only female Smurf in the village. If we do away with her, our race would be doomed.”
      “Yeah, but if we don’t do away with her, the remaining Smurfs in this village are doomed. I say every Smurf for himself”, Clumsy replied.

The vote was undecided, so an ancient game of odd-even was invoked. Smurfette chose odd, while Handy chose even number of fingers and they both showed their hands with some fingers stretched out. Slouchy was the referee and he counted that the total number of fingers was odd, which meant that Handy was condemned.

Handy took his doze of poison calmly and died instantly.

Then Slouchy was elected as new Papa Smurf. He noticed something peculiar, nobody had noticed before.
      “You see, this poison we’re using for executions is very quick. Smurfs die within moments of taking their doze. On the other hand, the murderer uses a slow acting poison. Hmm, interesting.”
      “What does it mean Papa Smurf”, Tailor Smurf asked Slouchy.
      “I have no idea”, Slouchy replied.

“Papa Smurf”, Jokey approached Slouchy Smurf with a present. “I’ve brought you a little surprise present.”
      “For me”, Slouchy was delighted. “Why thank you Jokey.”
      “No, Papa Smurf”, Tailor Smurf shouted.

But Slouchy opened the present anyway, and needless to say it blew up in his face.

Jokey laughed about it, but Slouchy didn’t find that in the least funny. The other Smurfs didn’t laugh either. Probably Jokey had already tried a stunt like that on them too.

It was no surprise to anyone that Jokey Smurf was discovered dead in his bed the next morning. They also found yellow wrapping paper with a pink ribbon tied in a bow in his kitchen. Either he got a present from someone, or he was preparing one of his surprise presents.

Code:
      mafia
      Name Title Status
      1. Lord Nuclear Papa Smurf Executed – Round 2
      2. Mrs. Tuberski Smurfette Alive
      3. Tuberski Hefty Smurf Executed – Round 3
      4. DrSpike Brainy Smurf Executed – Round 8
      5. Skanky Burns Lazy Smurf Executed – Round 6
      6. Adagio Handy Smurf Executed – Round 10
      7. Sparrowhawk Clumsy Smurf Alive
      8. Adrian Hon Tailor Smurf Alive
      9. Spaced Cowboy Farmer Smurf Executed – Round 9
      10. Nikolai Dreamy Smurf Executed – Round 5
      11. Reismark Harmony Smurf Poisoned – Mafia round 3
      12. Illuminatus Painter Smurf Executed – Round 1
      13. Kassiopeia Vanity Smurf Head smashed with a hammer – Mafia round 2
      14. Theben Jokey Smurf Poisoned – Mafia round 11
      15. Hercules Poet Smurf Poisoned – Mafia round 9
      16. Joncha Grouchy Smurf Poisoned – Mafia round 1
      17. Rah Baker Smurf Poisoned – Mafia round 5
      18. Civman2000 Nosey Smurf Poisoned – Mafia round 10
      19. Rubychaser Snappy Smurf Poisoned – Mafia round 8
      20. Paddy the Scot Slouchy Smurf Alive
      21. Jaguar Baby Smurf Poisoned – Mafia round 6
      22. EPW Grandpa Smurf Executed – Round 7
      23. Jonny Scaredy Smurf Poisoned – Mafia round 4
      24. Jon Miller Greedy Smurf Poisoned – Mafia round 7
      25. Duke o’ York Gargamel Executed – Round 4
      24. Snoopy369 Azrael Alive

Comment

Adagio was executed by the villagers in the last round.

Theben was the latest victim of our elusive killer.

30 hours to vote. If mafia is not killed in the next round, the final round will be during the weekend and the game will end on Sunday.

Comment

/me rolls a smoke and wonders how to prove that their is a cat in the village

how...?

/me walks around the village, visiting various sites that friends have been found dead

Where are you Azrael?

Here kitty kitty kitty, time you felt the burning cinder on your whiskers...
          Attached Files
          Gurka 17, People of the Valley
          I am of the Horde.

Comment

Still killing innocents I see.

Comment

Whoa! There's a long time since we needed a second thread for this game now!
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Two clues this time (which may be red herrings, who knows):

“You see, this poison we’re using for executions is very quick. Smurfs die within moments of taking their doze. On the other hand, the murderer uses a slow acting poison. Hmm, interesting.”

It was no surprise to anyone that Jokey Smurf was discovered dead in his bed the next morning. They also found yellow wrapping paper with a pink ribbon tied in a bow in his kitchen. Either he got a present from someone, or he was preparing one of his surprise presents.

Slow acting poison Not sure about the present thing - presumably he would've gotten it from someone he knew. I've suspected Azrael for a while, but the clues don't make much sense. I'm thinking it's either Slouchy or Smurfette. Hard to tell really.
                mssv.net - After Our Time - Six to Start

Comment

I can't believe some people still haven't figured it out. I was wrong before, but the clues in the last couple rounds have really made it obvious...

Comment

Well it isnt me Tailor Smurf. How do we know its not you??
                    My guess the paper and bow are his, cause he did just deliver a freshly wraped present before his death. Not to mention he was always wrapping his trick jokes. Not a clue if you ask me
                    Last edited by Mrs. Tuberski; October 20, 2005, 19:01.
                    When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                    "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                    Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

It's physically impossible for it to be the cat.

On the other hand, it's been pretty clear to me for a while now that Smurfette is the most likely killer.
                      CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                      Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                      Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                      Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

Unfortunately I don't see civmans "obvious" clues.

It still appears to me (as it did last round) that it must be Smurfette (Mrs.T).

Let's hope I am right, because even if I surviv another night I don't look forward to there only being 3 of us left

/me
                        "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

It's either ... well, i can't say the other, as it would doom me next round ... but Smurfette seems to be doomed
                          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

5 people left
                            3 votes on Smurfette
                            1 vote on Tailor Smurf

The decision is made. Ljube, we can just move fast forward to the next chapter now I think.
                            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Conclusion – No Hope for Smurfkind

Her last ally dead, Smurfette found herself in a difficult situation. She knew that Slouchy had a thing for cats, so she expected him to vote for Meowing Smurf. But should she vote for the cat as well? That was a dilemma.
                              No, voting for the cat would be too suspicious. The others would pile on her. So, her plan was different. She would wait until the first vote for her is cast and then vote for the caster, hoping that the other two would be swayed by her behaviour uncharacteristic to mafia and maybe vote for somebody else, possibly Slouchy. She gambled and lost. But it was a tough choice anyway.

Smurfette was found guilty of all the poisonings and sentenced to death by drinking poison. After her death the remaining Smurfs searched her house and discovered the missing Belladonna berries. Apparently, she was using them to prepare cakes which she gave to various Smurfs who died of atropine poisoning.

The next morning all four remaining Smurfs were accounted for which was the proof undeniable that Smurfette had been the poisoner. But this was a sorry picture of once thriving Smurf village now reduced to ghost town, plagued by Azrael’s incessant meowing, for it was sure, he would never become cat again as the last person who could possibly have been able to concoct a remedy for his condition was executed the day before.

“How sad we have become. Surely, there is no hope for Smurfkind”, these were Slouchy’s prophetic words.

And indeed it was like that, for Smurfs and the Smurf village fell deep into oblivion, this gruesome episode remaining the last blaze of glory, but which at the same time burned them to dust.

Comment

Working...
                              X