Ferment in the used games market - or the bin divers lament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ferment in the used games market - or the bin divers lament

On the one hand, ive heard Best Buy will be having a used game section. But it will probably be mainly console games, i fear.

EB, as part of the Gamestop merger, will be dropping their used games section.

Now I DONT buy used when the new game is easily available, as a general rule. But I very often use bargain bins to get old out of print games.

If EB gets out of the used game biz, and Best Buy doesnt sell these kinds of games (really old PC games) then I'll be force to shop online, which im sure wont be nearly as much fun as bin diving
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

bin diving is fun?

OOOH YAY... LEMONADE STAND TYCOON 5!!!

hey, whatever floats your boat
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
      bin diving is fun?

OOOH YAY... LEMONADE STAND TYCOON 5!!!

hey, whatever floats your boat
      If youre LOOKING for lemonade stand tycoon

OTOH, whats even more fun is making your way through all the copies of LST5 and finding some gem youve been looking for.
      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Try Ebay.........almost everything is on there, even Lemonade Tycoon Sim Simulator 6.

Comment

or places like the opposite of 'the away of the overcats'

i agree with LotM - its getting difficult to track down those classic(old) pc games. the highstreet stores are awash with second hand console games....shudder....seeming to slap you in the face and rub your nose in it even more.
          Soon we will become shuffling old men in old brown coats with furtive glances, doomed to paw through the racks of consoledom and weep quiet inward tears.....
          'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
              Try Ebay.........almost everything is on there, even Lemonade Tycoon Sim Simulator 6.
              sigh. its not the same. The immediate gratification of finding a game amidst the stack, then getting it right away.

and the issue of paying freight charges for what may be a $5 US purchase or less (we're talking really old games) I suppose the answer is to get a bunch at once - you can do that on Amazon from a "store" - on ebay i assume youd look for someone selling a bundle? Of course back when I bought POTM her new copy of Zoombini, i looked hard for something else I wanted from the same online to store, to share the shipping charge - couldnt find a damn thing that was worth it.

Amazon vs Ebay = pros and cons? Amazon seems easy to use, and most of the stores there seem reliable. Ebay seems to have broader selections. Your thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by child of Thor
                or places like the opposite of 'the away of the overcats'
                well that would end by purity about anything that resembles piracy but if it reached the point where there wasnt even a possibility of getting a used game, I might feel id been left with no choice.

Comment

Never bought any used stuff from Amazon.

Comment

You'd hope that Amazon doesn't have the possibility of the disc/box/manual/whatever being in shocking condition. My first PC copy of Civ 2 was from eBray, and when it arrived it was just the disc, nothing more. I still use it to play non-MGE succession games when I get round to them.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                      Never bought any used stuff from Amazon.

well the items ive bought from amazon have been new - books from amazon itself, and the zoombinis game from one of the stores they host. They seem to have used items for sale as well.

I assume your experience with Ebay has been good - I suppose one looks for sellers with good refs

Comment

Yeah, it is hard to find the oldies in those "bargain bins".

Office depot used to be a good place to look as was comp usa. Now overcats seems to be the best place....that or amazon for the older ones that are still selling.

Amazon carries more crap than anyone else right now.
                        We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Spaced Cowboy
                          Amazon carries more crap than anyone else right now.
                          It's just a really big godown.
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

WTF is a godown?
                            We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

As in: I want my girlfriend to ...

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                              X