No announcement yet.

Guild Wars - Third Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I never tried out the new professions. I think I'll be taking a break from GW for awhile. Going back to Civ4.

Comment

• I'm playing both.

Comment

• I don't have time for both. Although I played a little of Oblivion last night. Now I'm a vampire.

Dr Spike, you must have lots of time on your hands. With all your forum posts and gaming I wonder if you actually work.

Comment

• I do.

However, I'm on leave at the moment.

Comment

• He works for the government or something, so you're probably right.
            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
            Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• Leaving GW's?

Heretic!!!!!!!!!!

*"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• Yeah. Somewhat bored. I definately need to get in an active guild. The guild I'm in underwent a shakeup and they are mostly on the west coast of the US. Since I moved to Sweden I really am never on when they are. Plus work is keeping me busy.

I've been trying out the Fall from Heaven mod for Civ4 and that is keeping me entertained.

Likely I'll be back soon cause I love PvP and my R/Rt needs to lay some smackdown on Touch Rangers. How I love pinning them down.

And Dr Spike, I think you actually post less when you are on leave so that excuse doesn't work.

Comment

• We got a handful of Euros, over all we are a pretty active guild of primarily North Americano's. Casual and helpful, we dont plan on ever trying to faction farm enough to own a town.

Although some of our Euros here would probably have a better guild for you
                  *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• Originally posted by conmcb25
                    Leaving GW's?

Heretic!!!!!!!!!!

No, on leave from work.

Comment

• Originally posted by SirOsis

And Dr Spike, I think you actually post less when you are on leave so that excuse doesn't work.
                      Really, have you a detailed empirical study to back this up?

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike

Really, have you a detailed empirical study to back this up?
                        If you let me know when all of your past leaves have been I think we could do such an analysis. Although determining when exactly the 23053 posts were made might require a bit of work. ~13/day is pretty good.

I wonder if you're as chatty in person.

Comment

• Spikie went from emperor to double deity in the time I gained maybe 500 posts, if that! He surely is a sp.... erm.... very active poster.

Comment

• Originally posted by SirOsis

If you let me know when all of your past leaves have been I think we could do such an analysis. Although determining when exactly the 23053 posts were made might require a bit of work. ~13/day is pretty good.
                            Hmm, I had some in April - this week is my first since then. My posting is quite high at the moment because of Civ4 actually, and when I'm here to check Civ4 threads I usually pop by OG and A/C.

Comment

• Well upon further review...

Initially, DrSpike was not as prolific.

His posting history (in the public forums) of 14155 total posts:

2001 - 1 post (0.003/day)
                              2002 - 28 posts (0.077/day)
                              2003 - 704 posts (1.929/day)
                              2004 - 5879 posts (16.063/day)
                              2005 - 5062 posts (13.868/day)
                              2006 - 2481 posts (11.703/day)

He seems to have peaked in 2004. I attribute this to the fact he discovered emoticons and could therefore make posts without typing anything. If he keeps his current pace for 2006 he will finish with 3438.

Of course this is a simple analysis. If someone wants to write a script to scan his messages and do word counts, time of posts, emoticon use, grammar analysis, etc. Then I think we could conclusively prove that DrSpike does not work.

Comment

• Or you could just check the fact that I never post Monday to Friday GMT working hours, except when I am on leave.

Comment

Working...
                                X