No announcement yet.

Guild Wars - Third Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual Air of Enchantment smiters off two Bunnythumpers using Ferocious Lunge, two boon prots, spirt-spamming rit and a utility n/e
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• Hmm, interesting. No heal party though...........where's your anti-degen? What's your anti-spike? I don't like dual boon prots for tombs - the cookie cutter woh/hp sb/infuse bonder (or now spirit spammer Rit) backline is too strong.

However, the metagame may have shifted in the weeks I've been gone. If so, explain.

Comment

• One of the booners carries Infuse Health, the spirit-spammer rit carries Recuperation against degen and Fertile Season against spikes, and the two AoE smiters are monks too - there's loads of healing. Its a really strong holding build, and there's BIG damage output.
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

• Booner carries infuse?? Also the 2 boon backline is for splitting, not really for halls, unless it's to counter some newer build I am not aware of. One with a heal monk gives an advantage with regard to overheals, but 2 loses quite a lot of this edge, if you aren't splitting anyway. Also no HP and no SB looks odd to me for halls.

Smiters have a better synergy with prot than heal too.

Have you tried it with woh/hp sb/infuse & rit instead of the usual bonder, and smiters carrying the prot skills.

Would be way better imo, again subject to there not being some new cheese this build is designed to counter.

Comment

• Boon Prots simply rock so hard. That's all there is to it. SB is totally useless in the current metagame... except maybe for charging the Zaishen. Wow! Great use of an elite! HP isn't needed with 4 monks and a rit in the party. Boon Prot enchantments work VERY nicely with AoE too...

Comment

• Ok, I'll have to pop along and try it sometime.

maybe woh/hp and boon prot?

Comment

• So what do you guys think of the new professions thus far?
                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Imba. I'm not playing them as I'm not in the mood to betatest.

Comment

• They're totally imbalanced... but that's the whole point of this beta test weekend, I guess. I really like the concepts though, Paragon is right up my street.

Comment

• Yeah I admit I was pleasantly surprised at the concepts they came up with, given that there are 8 classes already. If they can recapture the Prophecies magic GW could be strong for ages yet. The fact that it is the Prophecies team working on Nightfall looks promising.

Comment

• Dervishes
                        *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• Dervishes.

Imba.

Comment

• Paragons

Comment

• I treid the Dervish on sat, but it was too late. Too many people had unlocked so many skills that the premade ones couldn't compete.

Paragons have a lot potential, I think. However, they may suffer the same problem as the assassins or worse. They seem more PvP based.

Of the two, I think Dervishes will be the popular first choice with the D/Mo. However, as people realize the versatility of the Paragon, they will see a stronger role.

I'm glad this beta is almost over. Playing against endless teams of 4 D/Ws or 4 R/Ps is quite annoying.
                              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Sure is.

Comment

Working...
                                X