Guild Wars - Third Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DrSpike
    Well I called it a rumour as I didn't see a message from a developer confirming it. One may exist.
    Spotted this earlier today...

A quote from this link http://mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm?gameI...ure=670&bhcp=1

Next up in the world of Guild Wars is Campaign 3. Due to their rapid release schedule, there are two teams working at Arena.net on the next two Campaigns so that new Campaigns can be released as quickly as possible while still maintaining a high level of content (i.e. one team has been working on Campaign 3 for the last 3 or 4 months, and the other team just started on Campaign 4, so that each Campaign has about a year of development.)
    Who is Barinthus?

Comment

• So it looks like Assassin/Ranger is the new Warrior/Monk. Every damn Assassin I see is a Ranger secondary.

Why? I can certainly see Whirling Defense being a great skill to have, but not much else. Can't really go Beastmaster because you need too many skill slots to chain your A combos. Using a bow for anything more than first attack is rather pointless because you are ignoring your Shadow Stepping attacks.

No one wants to play a Monk primary in Cantha either. It's actually quite funny to watch people trying to get a mission group together. They always spend 15 minutes trying to get a monk and ALWAYS end up taking the henchie.

Personally, I am quite enjoying my new Necro/Ritualist. Minions plus Spirits equals fun! And I only get attacked directly in PvP when the Tank and Monk are already dead. Plus I ALWAYS make sure we have an Assassin in the group, just so that I can always summon a minion. See, the Assassin will die extremely quickly, which gives a nice fresh corpse to harvest....

One trick I have found in RP is that when a party member has died and is too close to the enemys to rez safely, I can get close to the corpse and cast a union spirit. Then someone can rez the victim. The Union should be able to absorb just enough damage that the newly risen can run to safety.

Comment

• I'm thinking of a healing Rt/Mo as my obligatory Factions profession character. I'm still keeping a Mo/* and a Me/* around for PVP, though.

Waiting for the game to arrive, I installed Prophecies again last night. Ritualists were far and inbetween in pvp, but A/*s were all over the place, with nary a monk in sight. I ended up taking my pvp monk to battles since with the mesmer there was never a healer, so I had to guarantee monkage myself. Sure, this was random pvp so it sucked by default, but meh.
        Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kinjiru
          So it looks like Assassin/Ranger is the new Warrior/Monk. Every damn Assassin I see is a Ranger secondary.

Why? I can certainly see Whirling Defense being a great skill to have, but not much else. Can't really go Beastmaster because you need too many skill slots to chain your A combos. Using a bow for anything more than first attack is rather pointless because you are ignoring your Shadow Stepping attacks.

No one wants to play a Monk primary in Cantha either. It's actually quite funny to watch people trying to get a mission group together. They always spend 15 minutes trying to get a monk and ALWAYS end up taking the henchie.

Personally, I am quite enjoying my new Necro/Ritualist. Minions plus Spirits equals fun! And I only get attacked directly in PvP when the Tank and Monk are already dead. Plus I ALWAYS make sure we have an Assassin in the group, just so that I can always summon a minion. See, the Assassin will die extremely quickly, which gives a nice fresh corpse to harvest....

One trick I have found in RP is that when a party member has died and is too close to the enemys to rez safely, I can get close to the corpse and cast a union spirit. Then someone can rez the victim. The Union should be able to absorb just enough damage that the newly risen can run to safety.
          Most likely A/R for the traps I would think. I disagree greatly on the point that using a bow would be pointless, though. In fact that will most likely be my next character. Critical Strikes works on any weapon, so max that and 12 in Marksmanship, and you should be dealing out at least damage equal to a ranger, if not more. Mana wouldn't be a problem with the critical strikes either. You wouldn't need your teleport skills as you're far enough back, but some of the other skills that guarantee criticals would be worth looking at. It's worth a shot, IMO.

I've been avoiding pugs for the most part. My Rit/Mo has had little to no trouble henching through the missions. Just finished Arborstone this morning.

Rit/N is also quite enjoyable. Explosive Growth on the Spawning primary attribute damages anything near the minion when you make one, plus they have more health due to Spawning as well.
          One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
          You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

• Well, as with nearly all builds that attempt to use your secondary as a primary, A/R with a bow isn't that good. The extra crits aren't worth 4 points of marksmanship, and crits aren't as good for energy management as expertise.

It doesn't really matter what secondary your assassin is though - it will still be underpowered for PvE. In PvP they are sweeeet. Won halls the other night with an AoD abuse build, and it was great fun.

Comment

• Kinjiru - really? I seem to see more A/W. I'm A/R myself and my reason was apply poison. Duh me - I wish I went with Warrior Secondary. But that's ok - I'm so limited because I often wind up playing pure primary professions anyway.
              Who is Barinthus?

Comment

• Hmm, eventually I'll have to get back into this just to play with Ri/Mo or Mo/Ri ...
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• A/R is very popular because its the best ranged AoE damage build in the PvE game by a country mile. Critical Strikes + Zealous Bow + Barrage = gg. Everyone's abusing it Oh, that and Tiger's Fury.

Now, why go Mo/Ri or Ri/Mo ? I don't see the synergy there.

My Mo primary has been VERY much in demand in Cantha
                  1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                  That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                  Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                  Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamski
                    A/R is very popular because its the best ranged AoE damage build in the PvE game by a country mile.
                    You must have a bugged copy of the game. Mine has Eles and necros in it. A/R isn't even as good as R/. and does not even come close to a number of ele builds.

Comment

• Does by Chance anyone know wheter a one-handed 20/20 Necro-Staff exists? I just realized my Equipment is not really up-to-par
                      Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike

You must have a bugged copy of the game. Mine has Eles and necros in it. A/R isn't even as good as R/. and does not even come close to a number of ele builds.
                        Erm... we are playing the same game right? Since when have Eles been able to deal damage?
                        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

A/R is very popular because its the best ranged AoE damage build in the PvE game by a country mile. Critical Strikes + Zealous Bow + Barrage = gg. Everyone's abusing it Oh, that and Tiger's Fury.

My Mo primary has been VERY much in demand in Cantha
                          No clue really Just sounded good.
                          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I haven't dwelled on the skills at all. I just want to play a Ritualist, and preferrably a healer, I figured Ri/Mo might be good for healing. Apparently not.
                            Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Erm... we are playing the same game right? Since when have Eles been able to deal damage?
                              You must be making some kind of joke, but I just don't get it mate.

For PvE eles have been the biggest dmg dealers always, and still are. A/R just doesn't compare. As I said it's not even as good as R/.

Comment

• I just got the first one this week. My RP characters name is Dashi Moto, so feel free to give me a shout if you see me, since I only know one other person who plays. Currently, I'm a low level E/R with very few skills.
                                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                                X