Guild Wars - Third Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
    Hmm.. it appears that the a new stand alone version of Guild Wars "Factions" is coming out. I wonder which one I should get? Is "Factions" supposed to be for more advanced players?

Maybe if I wait a few months, I can get a 'combined' package of both games?
    I think you should buy both, but you can get the new campaign and play that by itself. However, I suspect the campaign will be shorter in terms of the journey to max level than the original campaign.

Comment

• Hmmm... so it seems that it'll probably wait until after I play the Hell out of Oblivion .

By then, I'm sure they'll have a package deal where you can buy both for $40 or something.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• It has been announced by Anet that April 28th is the date where Factions will come out.
        Who is Barinthus?

Comment

• Hmm, I'll miss the first week or two because of WoW. Still, I'll catch up fast.

Comment

• WOOOT!

Just got this game (I'm weak... sue me... even though I'll get Oblivion on Tuesday) . So far it's a blast. I haven't done any co-op adventures yet. Just single player stuff to try to build up my character.

I'm a 4th level female warrior/elemental named Kat Stormfrost (yeah, I know... but I didn't know of a good name... though think of Kat as short for "Katrina", as hurricane ).

So I'm having fun. I know soon I'll have to join with another player, but not yet.

Oh, and the graphics are TOP NOTCH... I have all the graphics on high, 1280*1024, with 4X anti-alising. Brilliant. I think I may read up on fansites about the game and then put in some good time tomorrow .

Any suggestions, btw?
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Any suggestions, btw?
              Take the next couple weeks off school/work whatever.

And post here if you need any advice - I can play all classes.

Comment

• Ditto, post here if you want to meet up ingame somewhere.

Oh, and enjoy the scenery in the first part of the game - such pleasant sights will soon be lost to view as you travel onwards...
                1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• Make sure you do the co-op quest to get the rez sig.

Yeah the graphics are very nice and don't tax the system.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamski
                    Oh, and enjoy the scenery in the first part of the game - such pleasant sights will soon be lost to view as you travel onwards...

Make sure you do the co-op quest to get the rez sig.

I have read that. Guess I have to bite the bullet and go out into the world with someone .

Comment

• Yes, it's a multiplayer game btw.

Comment

• So I got someone to go out in the world with me for 30 seconds of Resurrection Signet .

Now I have to find someone who can go out for more time to do the 'Across the Wall' quest. Though, if I understand correctly, one person opens the gate and the other goes through... but both can't go through?

Btw, I have weapons that say "X (while enchanting)". What does 'while enchanting' mean?

Comment

• If one group member zones, the whole group goes through the gate. This "feature" will be (ab)used later, when higher level players will "run" you through zones, which you better wouldn't visit yet level-wise.

Comment

• And "X while enchanted" means, the weapon has said effect only, while you have an enchantment on you. There are other such limitations, e.g. "while in a stance", "while health is less than 50%", "while health is bigger than 50%" etc. The best weapons are those, that grant effects without condition.

Comment

• Around level 7 for your first character is when you should do the quest that takes you to the next place (leaving noobland). "Academy" iirc, though it's been a while. Make sure you have a second profession, you have most of the skills you can earn via quest in the first world, but don't worry about equipment yet.
                              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• And I think there's a skill point to be earned in the newbie area, make sure you have done the quest to get it.
                                Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Working...
                                X