No announcement yet.

Guild Wars - Third Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ditto, just stuck the CDs in and played perfectly from day one. Over 1,000 hours played with about 5 or 6 disconnects, and one of them was me pulling the internet cable out with my toes.
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• Same here, less discs actually.

Though one was 5 secs before completing a long quest, which must count as about 100 discs.

Comment

• I see -- everything sounds good then.
        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrFun
          But according to the official site, the problem seems to be particular with NVIDIA -- unless your 5200FX is a version of NVIDIA??
          Yes.

Nvidia cards are numbered in the mid thousands (in the modern age, ie post-2002). Numbers over 4000 but less than 8000 are nearly always NVidia cards; the 5 in my 5200 identifies the major model number. NVidia is currently in the 7000 series.

ATI used to be in the high thousands, 7000 to 9900, but is no longer; their newest cards are in the 0000-2000 range. My new computer has an ATI 800GT variant. Most ATI in the modern era will either be in the 9000 range (9200, 9500, etc.) or in the low range.

I didn't have any problems at all with my NVidia card (haven't installed on the new machine). Perhaps only people who never update their drivers have problems
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike

You can't have a slot for each class unless you don't merge. This is a bad choice imo.

I want the same - so I bought a second account.
            Yeah I thought about it but the problem with Factions if I want all my slots to be able to travel to Cathna, I'd have to buy two copies of factions.

MrFun - this is the discussion thread . GW's one terrific game and best part no monthly fees. Heck I'll be more than happy to help you out once you're in but you are pretty much on your own in pre-searing (newbie land) since I cannot enter there anymore.
            Who is Barinthus?

Comment

• Originally posted by Barinthus

Yeah I thought about it but the problem with Factions if I want all my slots to be able to travel to Cathna, I'd have to buy two copies of factions.
              Yup.

Comment

• Hmmm... just got a new PC, and read about Guild Wars. It sounds very intriguing. Though Oblivion is coming out soon...

So... I wonder, I love RPGs, never done the MMORPG stuff. Hardly play multiplayer at all, really, even though I do have cable internet connection. How's the game in terms of a RPG player who loved Fallout, Baldur's Gate, Planescape Torment, Morrowind, and even, for a bit, Diablo?
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• If I would try a MMORPG, it would probably be WOW. And it features huge-ass monsters! A friend of mine sent me a picture of this bad boy. He's 200 feet high! Just look how tiny the character in the background looks in comparison (hint: he or she is on the right) !
                  Attached Files
                  Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                    Hmmm... just got a new PC, and read about Guild Wars. It sounds very intriguing. Though Oblivion is coming out soon...

So... I wonder, I love RPGs, never done the MMORPG stuff. Hardly play multiplayer at all, really, even though I do have cable internet connection. How's the game in terms of a RPG player who loved Fallout, Baldur's Gate, Planescape Torment, Morrowind, and even, for a bit, Diablo?
                    There are next to no roleplayers, so if you are into RP bigtime and can't tolerate a ... let's say slightly immature (very WoWish) ... audience, this game is not for you. Other than that, the game is very good. You can have a great time, if you are able to surround yourself with the right people. I wasn't able to find a halfway decent guild (mature AND a bit focused on success - I fould only either one or the other), so I lost interest after about six weeks.

Comment

• nostromo, bear in mind though that to get to the bigass monsters (like the pictured Ragnaros) you have to level up to 60 and find a guild that will run raids there. Finding a guild may not be simple, because depending on the realm you ended up on, your particular class may be overabundant. My priest was drowning in invites after level 50, but my level 60 (maximum as yet) rogue and warrior friends have yet to have any.
                      Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• Why is it, that in almost all games healing classes are the most sought after, when it comes to high level content?

It's the same in GW. "Don't upset the monk, he may quit the party and then we're screwed in the mid of nowhere." Many monks abused that and obviously enjoyed, that they could be the biggest jerks without being kicked from the party.

Comment

• Originally posted by nostromo
                          If I would try a MMORPG, it would probably be WOW. And it features huge-ass monsters! A friend of mine sent me a picture of this bad boy. He's 200 feet high! Just look how tiny the character in the background looks in comparison (hint: he or she is on the right) !
                          Yes, but WOW costs money every month .
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Sir Ralph, I keep wondering the same thing. I guess people don't think sticking in the background keeping the group alive is fun. It may also be that they're intimidated by the responsibility you'll have: screw up a bit, allow the tank die, and the party wipes. I personally enjoy playing a healing class.

I think the lack of montly payments is alongside the awesome PvP a very good reason to get GW. It was my first MMORPG too. With WoW I get a nasty feeling I'm not getting bang for my buck if I shelve it for a week while my subscription is still running. GW I can put on the backburner for a few months without the inner Scrooge complaining about it.
                            Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• I think the lack of montly payments is alongside the awesome PvP a very good reason to get GW. It was my first MMORPG too. With WoW I get a nasty feeling I'm not getting bang for my buck if I shelve it for a week while my subscription is still running. GW I can put on the backburner for a few months without the inner Scrooge complaining about it.

Exactly... hence my thinking. For work I have to travel quite often and a week in North Carolina means 1/4th of my monthly fee go to waste (if I only go one week a month).

Comment

• GW isn't exactly a MMORPG, it's way too shallow to hold this title. Even the developers say this, calling it CORPG - cooperative online RPG. And considering the fact, that you'll hardly find any RPers in it, the correct abbreviation would be COG.

But in the "bang for the buck" department it's lonely in the lead, considering that it is often extended with new features (zones, quests etc.) without having a monthly fee.

Comment

Working...
                                X