Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can attack 5 targets at once. It is important with the bashing rule. You can only attack a player 3 times per day, but if you attack in waves, you can loot them 3 times each attack.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• Originally posted by Atragon
      I'll upload what I have tomorrow, I'm not entirely satisfied with it, I'd like to implement a lookup table where you can select a tech/improvement and level and it'll tell you what it costs.

Unfortunately, I don't know quite enough about excel to implement something like that.

On the other hand, I did set things up such that you can just select all and paste the output from the resources screen and it automatically parses it for your stockpile and income.

I'll try and get it up some time tomorrow afternoon with some basic instructions.
      Send me the file and the information. I know a lot of excel.
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• I'm not too sure of recycling yet. Not only can you not scout out potential Tebris fields, but it costs quite a bit of deuterium to get there in the first place. Oh well, at least your precious recyclers are never in any danger.
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• w00t. Lucky now has a lvl11 crystal mine, producing almost as much as Happy's lvl12. My crystal income has nearly doubled and is now at 1400/hour.
          I think a 3rd colony might be called for =).

Comment

• Originally posted by Skanky Burns
            I'm not too sure of recycling yet. Not only can you not scout out potential Tebris fields...
            You can: in the galaxy screen, you can mouse-over the small T, and it will show you the size.

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
            ...but it costs quite a bit of deuterium to get there in the first place. Oh well, at least your precious recyclers are never in any danger.
            I'm not sure if T-fields dissipiate (sp?) over time.
            I know Asteroid fields do.

Can you not attack recyclers?

Question to colonists: is there any way my transports can move from A to B, and stay there?
            "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
            "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• Cool!
              That saved me some wasted time and can allow me to target the bigger ones nearby first.

Comment

Cool. I'd like to see what you come up with. Remember, Together Everyone Achieves More!
                (germanos pushes his question again)

Any economists around?

I STILL have not the faintest idea how to value the different ingredients we have to work with: What is the relative value of M, C and D?

intuitively, I'd value M : C as 2 : 3, meaning Metal is less expensive then C.

One problem is that it seems that C gets more expensive as the game progresses: each subsequent level of C-mine to build has an increased cost of 2/3, while for M-mine this is 1/2.
                (lvl 1 M-mine is 60M+15C, lvl 2 90M+22C etc, for C-mine its M48+C22 and M76+C38 etc)
                For both mines the increase in output is equal. (and is less then the increased cost for buildings these things (aprrox 1/6), but as this is inevitable, I don't worry to much about that)

Deuterium is even harder to pin a value on, as this can only be expressed as a value of M and C, since the Mine is build with those two products.

The reason I'm so keen to find this out is that without it, I find it hard to figure out what is most cost effective to build, especially with regard to my energy production.

Any help would be greatly appriciated
                "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• Question to colonists: is there any way my transports can move from A to B, and stay there?
                  That's what the Deploy order does.

Regarding resource costs...
                  It's hard to pin any numbers down.

But i think we need a golden rule:
                  YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MUCH CRYSTAL.

ATM I'm inclined to value the resources something like this:
                  Metal 1: Crystal 3: Duet 2.

It is important to get a solid metal income, but it's also easier to steal metal. Tommorow I'll be founding a 3rd chilly colony and pumping it's crystal mine up too. I'm going to see if I can actually get too much crystal... because I'm still easily cruising on Happy's big metal mine and Lucky's small metal mine.
                  (I'm also pumping duet mine levels, because my next colony ship is going to munch it all up leaving none for research).

edit: lets do some fun calculations.
                  Taking lucky as an example. It now has a lvl11 crystal mine pumping 627 crystal, which I'm now shipping to Happy. Basically the (sunk) invested crystal was approximately 23,000 and it will take 36 hours to fully earn back that crystal, but it's also producing 75 duet an hour (but that wasn't terribly expensive to build), but call it 32 hours.

Going to Happy, upgrading the Crystal Mine to lvl13 will grant 144 more production at the expense of 72 power, costing 6755 crystal. The 72 power will involve upgrading the solar producing +190 power, the mine uses 36% of that power, so we add 36% of the solar crystal cost of 8757 = 3226. This is nearly 10,000 in total. It will take approximately 69 hours to earn back the crystal cost.

Conclusion: At my level of upgrades, it makes much more sense to found new colonies than upgrade the home planets mines.

edit2: Some of my maths is probably a bit off, but I still bet that a properly resourced colony doesn't take more than 40 hours to pay back the investment.
                  Last edited by Blake; October 19, 2005, 05:21.

Comment

• Its hard to put a value on the different resources. It depends on multiple factors - where you want to get to next, availability of planets to raid near you, etc. I would contend that crystal is much easier to steal than metal. If you steal from a planet that has more resources than you can take, you get an equal amount of each.

Besides, metal is of the most importance early on when you cannot steal it.
                    Last edited by Skanky Burns; October 19, 2005, 05:27.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blake

That's what the Deploy order does.

But i think we need a golden rule:
                      YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MUCH CRYSTAL.

ATM I'm inclined to value the resources something like this:
                      Metal 1: Crystal 3: Duet 2.
                      I have the feeling Duet is actually more expensive, but we need less of it then crystal, so I tend to agree with you for the practicle use of the stuff

Conclusion: At my level of upgrades, it makes much more sense to found new colonies than upgrade the home planets mines.
                      Yes. Given the exponentially increasing cost of cristal during the upgrades, founding colonies will bring down the overal cost of things

Comment

• I would contend that crystal is much easier to steal than metal. If you steal from a planet that has more resources than you can take, you get an equal amount of each.
                        True but especially when stealing from live players you'll often find planets with a stockpile of 20000+ metal and only 2000ish crstal - because the latter is the limiting factor in construction and is thus always spent.

Comment

Its hard to put a value on the different resources. It depends on multiple factors - where you want to get to next, availability of planets to raid near you, etc. I would contend that crystal is much easier to steal than metal. If you steal from a planet that has more resources than you can take, you get an equal amount of each.
                          This is NOT my experience. But then I never send a lone small cargo to a 60000 unit target .

Comment

• I've been lucky, some planets around me had over 200,000 resources in total. Alas, one of them got deleted before my merchant fleet was ready.

Incidently, I've found a tebris field with 18,000 units of crystal. Nice.

Comment

I've been lucky, some planets around me had over 200,000 resources in total. Alas, one of them got deleted before my merchant fleet was ready.
                              ' ' seems to be the understatement of the week.

even ' ' doesn't do justice...

Comment

• Heres a question - if you attack someone but then recall the fleet does the game let the target know that the fleet is being recalled or that the planet was being attacked?

Comment

Working...
                                X