any one with news re Shattered Union

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any one with news re Shattered Union

I see a new TBS from PopTop and TakeTwo called Shattered Union. Seven, uh, factions fight for control of the territories of the USA. Anyone hear any more interesting news or specifics?
    Looking through the various game sites I don't see much. Should it be covered at Apolyton?
    .......shhhhhh......I'm lurking.......proud to have been stuck at settler for six years.......

All right AoA, how are you doing? Still at Free Fire?
    Got any links to Shattered Union?

Comment

long time no see
      nah, i disappeared off the map and became lurker extraordinaire for quite some timeAn Xbox Interview
      2k's official site
      IGN's
      unfortunately, a lot of "I don't know what this game will be like" sort of stuff. But I know poly's people are knowledgeable and maybe have some opinions.

I guess I just like fighting in America. I always wish I bought that Fortress America board game by Avalon Hill....but who would I have played with
      .......shhhhhh......I'm lurking.......proud to have been stuck at settler for six years.......

Comment

Actually it was Milton Bradley producing it with Saddam Hussein on the box.

FA Box

Comment

Okay, I looked up the game, and although you linked to the X Box site, fortunately it will be available on PC too.
          It does look good though, for a TBS, and I particularly like the fact that the EU seems to be one of the factions.

Comment

Hopefully there'll be some interesting things about it, like builidng reputation allows you to acquire new good or evil skills. The xbox site was the most info I could find and it seems to be low on the radar.
            Although I think these are the guys who ruined Railroad Tycoon 3 and that could be a concern. Who knows, come Civ4, I might care less about a new game.

Comment

I have order it. Shipping date is Mon. 17 Oct. I did not overnite it, so I may not have it until Wed or Thur.

AOE 3 ships on Tue the 18th. I may have it before SU.

Civ 4 Ships on Mon the 24 and I did overnite it, so I should have it no later then Tue.

Comment

They picked a time so close to Civ4, which wasn't wise.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                  They picked a time so close to Civ4, which wasn't wise.
                  It was the other way around. Civ4 normal ship date was Nov 21/22 and then T2 moved it up a month to show 3rd quarter profit. The 3rd quarter ends Mon the 31. T2 will 7 days of sales to show for the bottom line.

Comment

Hehe, the end result is the same.

Comment

Exactly, and (smart) potential investors will be well aware of this. Unless they're seeking a load of dumb investors.

Comment

Well, october 17 is in a few days, so hopefully we'll be getting an official review soon after that. Plus....Joseph I'm sure you'll find some time in between AOE3 and Civ4 to let us know your thoughts.
                        My decision on getting it actually will be pretty much answered. Considering Civ4 should be out the week after, I'd much rather have Civ4 first and so that gives plenty of time for reviews and forums to be filled with comments.

Comment

Very wise. Anyone who buys a game on the first day of release without reading the reviews is an idiot.
                          Erm, perhaps with the exception of those buying Civ IV.
                          *duke tries to cover his back in vain.

Comment

duke...you make me laugh....Of course Civ4 is granted immunity from the wait before you buy rule. In fact, I'm hoping BestBuy will have it on sale soon, 'cause I got me a $10 coupon off any software.

Damn, I just noticed I'm a Chieftan now. Oh well, almost 6 years on Settler.

Comment

Originally posted by duke o' york
                              Very wise. Anyone who buys a game on the first day of release without reading the reviews is an idiot.
                              Erm, perhaps with the exception of those buying Civ IV.
                              *duke tries to cover his back in vain.
                              Yes but PopTop is not a bad producter of games. I like both RRTs and Tropical was not bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X