No announcement yet.

Is Sid Meier Still Alive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The industry has changed, it doesn't make games for me or you anymore(or rarely does). Its about making games for the chavs+their playstations these days - street racing games, movie tie-ins, bling bling gangsta games, pick-up/put-down games etc.

So imho guys like Sid have had their day in the mainstream market. We will still get the odd genius who gets through the publishing net evey now and then, but the days of good(or what you're refering too as) games+designers is fast becoming a fading memmory

we're Doomed
    Last edited by child of Thor; October 12, 2005, 13:55.
    'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Wow, someone got out of the wrong side of bed this morning.

Comment

I'm just feeling Bkeelas pain, and had my opinionated view to hand
        'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Comment

The Civ franchise, and all the variants, is too big to fade away. It will live on in some form. Civ4 will likely sell more copies than any previous version of the line. I don't believe "the day" has passed by Sid or the genre.
          Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise.

Comment

No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise.
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise.
                Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

an interesting thread for this discussion

Still give it another 5years and we'll see if were still getting a Civ designed and published for pc etc or if by then it will coming out on console first(minus the 'complexity' because the console public can't handle it), with a pc port version later

But in the interest of being balanced i think we can make a difference, and this is by not supporting the awful 'chav' games when they come out
                  Last edited by child of Thor; October 17, 2005, 05:40.

Comment

Re: Re: Is Sid Meier Still Alive?

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                    I don't see Black and White as innovative. It's just the next installment in the Populus franchise.
                    How so? Black and White was mostly about the creatures on a real time game background. I don't remember creatures in Populus.
                    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Plus, Populous was decent.

Comment

True dat!
                        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                          Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise.
                          ...new sig material
                          Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                          ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Working...
                          X