Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football Manager 2006 Demo Out!

Go to sigames.com

I downloaded the strawberry verson (300 MB+). It's great so far. The game is far faster in loading (which I love). One different so far is that instead of the 1-20 numbers it seems there are bars to indicate how good a player is in certain aspects.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

You can toggle that - either graphics or numbers. I still prefer the numbers.
    If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Hmm... I didn't find the toggle... maybe if I look around more .
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

It's in Preferences. At least on mine it is.
        If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Whats the interface like, is it improved at all? Ive seen some screenshots with the new team talks and other stuff, just looked like even more clicking
          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
          CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
          One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Interface is similar (ie, I really like it a lot).

Cool thing. I was playing a game and one of my guys got injured. At the end with the physio report it gave me a CHOICE! I could either give it to the physio and he'd be out for a week or so, OR I could give him an injection allowing him to play the next game, but then he'd be out for 2-3 weeks.

Very cool stuff!

Comment

That is pretty smart, nice detail... although i could live without it. Its gonna take weeks to complete a season now, unless you ignore most of these features and wonder why youre failing miserably.

It reminds me of civ3, in that you have to micromanage everything to get the best results, or automate and play as good as the AI.

I read they made an effort to reduce mouse-clicks, and at the same time they introduce new features that make it worse. Whats that whole realism vs fun argument again.

Having said that ill still get it and try it.
              Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

Its gonna take weeks to complete a season now, unless you ignore most of these features and wonder why youre failing miserably.

It takes TWO seconds to do it... did you not read the physio reports at all before?

The training seems very slimmed down (though I never used it before either).

The team talks is fun and quick (at the end of a half or FT you can indicate if you are pleased or disappointed with the team... or not say anything).

Comment

dammit, it's only been a few weeks since i quit playing FM!
                  "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                    Its gonna take weeks to complete a season now, unless you ignore most of these features and wonder why youre failing miserably.

It takes TWO seconds to do it... did you not read the physio reports at all before?

The training seems very slimmed down (though I never used it before either).

The team talks is fun and quick (at the end of a half or FT you can indicate if you are pleased or disappointed with the team... or not say anything).
                    I dunno, ive never really got on with the new interface. Its slowed down quite a bit and theyve added a lot of unnecessary pull down menus and checkboxes, especially in the tactics and team selection screens. Maybe they had to change it so much from the CM design i dont know.

Comment

I'd have thought so, yes. I told my mates that FM 2006 was out soon, but still got 2005 for my birthday anyway, so I'm still going to to give that a proper play through first. Maybe I'll be finished by the time 2007 comes out.

My plan is to throw games if necessary
                      (not so far, I'm 5th in the Championship, and league leaders West Brom beat me 5-0 in the League Cup), then reach the play-off finals, play my reserve team so I get the maximum amount from TV revenue, and then try for the Premier League next season. At the moment, especially with gates as they are, I just can't afford to go up.

Comment

that is not the attitude duke

you can always afford to go up, a few decent youngsters, some wheeling and dealing in the transfer market, the right tactics and a bit of luck will keep you in the prem, and you'll make far more money from increased gates and tv revenue than you would staying the championship, even if you finish 20th!
                        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by duke o' york
                          I'd have thought so, yes. I told my mates that FM 2006 was out soon, but still got 2005 for my birthday anyway, so I'm still going to to give that a proper play through first. Maybe I'll be finished by the time 2007 comes out.

My plan is to throw games if necessary
                          (not so far, I'm 5th in the Championship and league leaders West Brom beat me 5-0 in the League Cup), then reach the play-off finals, play my reserve team so I get the maximum amount from TV revenue, and then try for the Premier League next season. At the moment, especially with gates as they are, I just can't afford to go up.
                          wow! with the same conference north team we were discusing in the other thread!?? thats very excellent and quick FM work by you (i'm still in league two! - but my monitor has blown a fuse so i've had a few forced weeks off my FM glory run ).
                          'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

No, I'm with Hartlepool, and they started in the 1st Division, not the Conference North. I'm only in my second season - RL has a habit of curtailing my managerial career. Damned managers.

Comment

Working...
                            X