Anyone playing Battle for Middle-Earth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spaced Cowboy
    I got this for XMas, but exchanged it for KOTOR2...before I opened it.
    should've exchanged it for a better game
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

KOTOR2 was great, silly.
      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
        KOTOR2 was great, silly.
        fixed!

as for this game?

eh? not blowing my skirt up here diplomat, sorry

I think I might take a look at Earth 2160... rts that just came out
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
          eh? not blowing my skirt up here diplomat, sorry
          Well, Lord of the Rings is a "right wing" movie. So I wouldn't expect you to like a game based on it
          'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
          G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

Originally posted by The diplomat

Well, Lord of the Rings is a "right wing" movie. So I wouldn't expect you to like a game based on it
            eh?

one of the gayest movies ever made!

and I use the word gay literally here... not like gay as in stupid or lame...

LITERALLY GAY!!!

but hey, if you want to say the right wing is all about man butt sex, who am I to argue?

actually, the whole concept of LotR is pretty left wing... the ultimate power of the ring is too dangerous for any person to have and needs to be destroyed.

Can't get more leftwing than that.

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
              should've exchanged it for a better game
              Well gosh, I'm hurt, and I value your opinion so highly.
              We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Spaced Cowboy

Well gosh, I'm hurt, and I value your opinion so highly.
                don't cry

you certainly felt my opinion was important enough that you responded to it
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Sava, sometimes *I* respond to your opinions. That should tell you how much those who respond to you value your opinion

Comment

How quickly threads degenerate when Sava appears........

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                      How quickly threads degenerate when Sava appears........
                      I can't be blamed for how people respond to me.

I'm off to buy NHL06.

Yes... BUY!
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I played a great 4 player game last night. I set up a game where I was Gondor and teamed up with an AI Rohan against 2 AI as a second team playing as Isengard and Mordor.

It was a much different game than the 1-1 games on small maps. For one, all players started with outposts not the castles. So, instead of the big walled city, Gondor and Rohan start with a 3 building outpost with no walls. I suspect the reason the game gives you walled cities on small maps is to prevent the rush which would be too unbalancing on a small map.

This game, with small unwalled outposts, was much more interesting. You couldn't just sit back in a protected castle for half the game, but all players had to fight for territory in order to build more outposts. In the game, me and my ally won. I reached my maximum command points, so I just waited until I was able to collect enough resources to recruit Gandalf. With him on my side, I seriously kicked Mordor's and Isengard's ass. Gandalf's powers are really cool. He gets a lightning sword which instantly destroys a building. And you can also purchase a special power which will double his damage and reduce the rechard rate by 50%.
                        'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
                        G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

Working...
                        X