No announcement yet.

Black and White.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The game should have been much tougher... and maybe have a scoring at the end of a sims life, so your alive sims can compete with other not-so-alive sims
    Yup. The SIms 2 is particullary easy to power-game using aspiration.

It gets more challenging with larger families. I find the easiest family is 2 adults 2 children, it's easy to keep everyone with high aspiration. It's also a lot harder starting a family BEFORE starting a career.
    Altough there's no excuse for having social services thieve the kids. In my more hectic family I often invite another Sim over to babysit, guests do this pretty good.

HARD: Choose 2 Adult Sims with Family Aspiration (as it's harder to power game), a baby, and a toddler. Make another baby asap, twins for extra credit (that's 4 children). Get all the kids into private school .

Single mum with babies is hard, very hard. Children can earn money painting so then it gets a bit easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
      Just watch my girlfriend or her friend play the Sims2. You would actually think the game challenging then. People starve and get depressed and such. Babies get taken away due to neglect. This says more about their skill relative to ours though.
      I think it says something about those who spend their time watching the Sims.

Comment

Originally posted by Blake
        HARD: Choose 2 Adult Sims with Family Aspiration (as it's harder to power game), a baby, and a toddler. Make another baby asap, twins for extra credit (that's 4 children). Get all the kids into private school .
        That sounds like easy compared to what I tried:

I have 2 adult sims (new in the game, so none of them have any skills at all), both of these got twins the same day, so I've got 4 babies to take care of
        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Hah! 2 Sims having twins at once. Did you use the cheat to make them both pregnant with twins?

Comment

I used some mod to do that
            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
              I think it says something about those who spend their time watching the Sims.
              That may be true, were I actually watching at the time. It was quite easy to figure out from their cries of "Oh no, I have died!" or "Oh no, they are taking my baby away!" whilst my attention was firmly fixed on Poly. The real difficulty for me lay in not telling them where they were going wrong, but the wise man knows when not to speak.
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by MosesPresley
                Don't go hating on me because you don't like your life.
                At least my bathroom isn't 75cmx75cm and I don't take an hour just to pee. If a guy does that IRL there must be something wrong with his prostate gland
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I think maybe Black+White IS the worst game ever - it even has to suffer the indignity of having its thread hi-jacked to talk about the Sims!
                  'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

At least my bathroom isn't 75cmx75cm and I don't take an hour just to pee. If a guy does that IRL there must be something wrong with his prostate gland

See, that's just part of the awesome realism of the sims that brings it to life.
                    "In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
                    —Orson Welles as Harry Lime

Comment

Originally posted by child of Thor
                      I think maybe Black+White IS the worst game ever - it even has to suffer the indignity of having its thread hi-jacked to talk about the Sims!

No actually B&W is the respectable front to hide a conversation about Sims behind.

Comment

I've threadjacked many threads to be about the Sims.
                        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

well all i can say is i love my monkey and scratch his belly often to see him squirm around like a puppy(i think B+W is my surrogate Nintendogs as i have no DS).

The controls are not the most intuitive(for a game that you can tell was designed to have intuitive controls), but i'm sure i'll get better at getting to the screen/place on the map i want to be as i get more experienced at it.

Its initialy all abit confusing, like who/what to concentrate on more - your creature or your town+people. Some of the tests/tasks are quite tricky(like hitting that rock by throwing other rocks at it) - more luck than skill you end up feeling often. But overall i'm liking it very much.
                          'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

That is indeed the ultimate insult.

Comment

Well, you might actually need to hide the Black+White talk behind a Sims thread.
                              -Darkstar
                              (Knight Errant Of Spam)

Comment

Working...
                              X