• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get Super Smash Bros. and Body Harvest.
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I was never too into Uber Smash Bothers, the new one is ok though. I like to play as Mr. Game and Watch and flip the sausages the whole time (sausage fest).

Lots of people loved Perfect Dark but I found it to just be a less cool version of Goldeneye, but then again I never played the missions, just multi.

I want to get a copy of Mario 64 but I haven't seen it lately. Though, there was Mario Kart for $20! I think I'll get Zelda 64 next because I miss riding Epwna.

As for Jamski's thing, yes that is absolutely true and that is part of what made the game incredibly boring on two person multiplayer.
      At least in Cruisin USA you had to 'draft' to get the speed boost.

Anybody know of any good N64 fighting titles? I have my cousin's copy of War Gods which is ok.

So when I get my next paycheck, I'm thinking of getting a Sega Genesis. Anybody have any suggestions for games? I'm gunning for Toejam and Earl, a Sonic Title, and Gunstar Heroes.
      Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
      Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

Originally posted by bipolarbear
        Though, there was Mario Kart for $20!
        That's nothing. Copies of Final Fantasy VI (USIII) for Super Nintendo were at one point selling for 75-90 dollars on eBay. I don't know what they are like right now, but it just goes to show that a great game can hold its own even against games featuring the latest and greatest in graphics.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
          You may suggest it, but we carefully documented the feature. If you got a whole lap behind your maximum speed would increase to about double its normal value.
          Most racing games have the same catch-up logic built in.
          ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Mario Kart and Goldeneye are the only games worth a damn on N64...

mario64 is blasphemy

Super Mario World was the last great Mario game.

A Link To The Past was the last great Zelda game.

everything else is garbage...
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Mario Kart
              ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Originally posted by Verto
                That's nothing. Copies of Final Fantasy VI (USIII) for Super Nintendo were at one point selling for 75-90 dollars on eBay. I don't know what they are like right now, but it just goes to show that a great game can hold its own even against games featuring the latest and greatest in graphics.
                Well, at least when supply is constricted.

Comment

Originally posted by Verto

Final Fantasy VI (USIII) [...] great game[...]

paying a lot for something doesn't make it great

there are morons that pay thousands of dollars for everquest accounts
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

Well, at least when supply is constricted.
                    Yes, because so many FF owners want to keep their copy, instead of trying to get rid of it for 5 bucks.

And Final Fantasy III pwns you in every facet of the word, Sava.

Comment

I didn't like the Nintendo 64. I thought its power was wasted on 3D.

I always held 2D as the pinnacle of video gaming goodness. I spent much of my youth worshipping at my local arcade.

I was a fan of the SNES, and was particularly impressed with Donkey Kong Country. At last I had an almost arcade quality game in my own home. I resented 3D at first. The ugly textures and unfamiliar gameplay seemed a step backwards from the sweet pixelated goodness of contemporary arcade games.

It wasn't until the Playstation 2 and Dreamcast that my interest in console gaming was revived. Not necessarily for the plethora of crap 3D games, but the sweet arcade ports that graced the platforms.

Frankly, I think you needed to be a kid to appreciate the N64, even today I shudder at the terrible graphics.

Games like Metroid Prime and Wind Waker have converted me to 3D, but frankly, I think you needed to be a kid to appreciate the N64.
                      Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Are you kidding me? The SNES doesn't even compare to the N64 in graphics.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Nuclear
                          Are you kidding me? The SNES doesn't even compare to the N64 in graphics.
                          No, but SNES gameplay is much better.
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I don't consider polygons great graphics. The graphics and textures of the N64 appalled me. They were no comparison to the richly animated, beautifully crafted 2D graphics of SNES games.

It wasn't until the Playstation 2 and Gamecube that polygons came of age. Yet 2D games from the 80s still display a lushness and aesthetic superiority that make connoisseurs sigh with pleasure.
                            Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Working...
                            X