Gettysburg (Technical)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gettysburg (Technical)

I just played Gettysburg for the first time in years and still enjoyed it. I used the WinXP Compatibility Update from Firaxis and it works quite well. There are two exceptions though:

1) The "Load Saved Game" screen does not show any saved games. The files exist and you can load them by typing in the filenames, but it's not awfully convenient.

2) When you try to select "Preferences" (not "Options") from the "Game" menu, the programme quits to the desktop.

Has anyone else experienced these (minor) problems and are there any known solutions?

Re: Gettysburg (Technical)

Originally posted by Verrucosus
    I just played Gettysburg for the first time in years and still enjoyed it. I used the WinXP Compatibility Update from Firaxis and it works quite well. There are two exceptions though:

1) The "Load Saved Game" screen does not show any saved games. The files exist and you can load them by typing in the filenames, but it's not awfully convenient.

2) When you try to select "Preferences" (not "Options") from the "Game" menu, the programme quits to the desktop.

Has anyone else experienced these (minor) problems and are there any known solutions?
    Sorry i cant help - i run win 98 (dont laugh) I like SMG, though.

Past SMG threads here have gotten little response, but good luck.
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Working...
    X