X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Civ4 but Caesar IV !!!

From the FAQ:

When will I be able to buy Caesar IV?
    Caesar IV is scheduled to be released in the Fall of 2006.

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

There's even a Caesar1 free download.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

It's about time we had this.

Comment

Hail, Thezzeh!
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Looking at this screenshot:

It looks like we'll be able to place buildings facing diagonal streets.

Comment

Looks great, and especially if they can get the damned citizens to deal with intersections in an intelligent manner, this could be an outstanding game.

Man, I remember playing Caesar II for hours and hours and hours at a time. And it had such a great encyclopedia of historical information... great memories.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer
              I'm cautiously optimistic about this.
              Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
              CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
              One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Is the Caesar series that Sim-city lookalike set in ancient Rome?
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Aye.

Comment

sux
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer

Hail, Thezzeh!
                      Doesn't look a thing like me.
                      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Bigus D*ckus!

[q=Spiffor"]Is the Caesar series that Sim-city lookalike set in ancient Rome?
                        [/q]

See if you can find a Ceasar III copy, is absolutely great fun (though it has it flaws but you won't notice them until you become pretty good)!!

Comment

Oooooh ooooh ooooh. This makes me happy. CIII was fun.

And omgdiagonalstreets.

I wonder what it'll look like at release since those screenshots look like placeholder graphics, I also notice a lack of peds .

Exciting.

edit: Ah, I see some of the screenshots on the site look much more impressive.

I remember in CIII one of my favorite past times was pwning Caesar's army. I'd give myself the maximum salary to piss him off then create a delightful death trap, typically a few dozen towers and 50zillion gladiators/lion tamers on a long convulted path. Ahhh slaughter.
                          Last edited by Blake; August 19, 2005, 05:36.

Comment

I remember in CIII one of my favorite past times was pwning Caesar's army. I'd give myself the maximum salary to piss him off then create a delightful death trap, typically a few dozen towers and 50zillion gladiators/lion tamers on a long convulted path. Ahhh slaughter.
                            I did the exactly same thing all the time too! Huge salary, erect a gazillion towers on the road, put in a few regiments and watch the blue guys die, die, and die.
                            Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

If by peds you mean peddlers, this might explain the lack of them:
                              Will I have to place roadblocks?
                              NO!, and don't ask that anymore! (I can't believe the things you guys come up with sometimes). Caesar IV does not employ a mindless "walker" system, and there is therefore no need to corral your citizens by limiting intersections and placing roadblocks. All citizens are intelligent, they know what they want and try to obtain it. Unlike prior city-building games, well-placed intersections and even shortcut alleyways provide your citizens easier access to the things they seek.

Does that mean no more 'stupid market ladies'?
                              All right, now you're getting under my skin. No, no more market ladies! If a household needs food or goods, a member of the family goes on a shopping trip. In fact, all resources move through the city on a "pull" system, that is, they are retrieved, not delivered, by shoppers, cartpushers and harvesters.
                              There are normal people walking on the other screenshots.
                              Last edited by Lemmy; August 19, 2005, 06:33.
                              <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
                              Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

Working...
                              X