Guild Wars 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jamski
    Doc, Eles are just so sloooooooow. A Mesmer has killed the first target (PvE) while the Ele is still casting that HUGE LONG SPELL... :yawn: In terms of damage per second Mesmers are the best sprinters. And thanks to their excellent energy managment and no exhaustion they are the second-best long-distance runners (after necros who can literally cast forever)

Mesmers have nice dps (I played one for a while, and I like them for PvP), but aoe is just king in PvE where bad guys wont move out of massive dmg spells, no matter how slow they are.

Comment

I just learned (again in the German district), that you can leave Elona Reach (my nightmare for 2 days) not only with less than -50% death penalty, but actually with a +10% bonus, an elite skill (which rocks) and mission and bonus done. Ascended now; still not sure, what that means.

In a "certain battle" during that procedure I was PWND badly at the first try (which took me a bit off guard to be honest). The second time I respec'd to Domination and Backfired that scoundrel. It was a pleasure to see him going down in less than 10 seconds without having cast a single other spell and barely having taken a scratch myself.

Yep, next character is definitely a Mesmer. He already exists. And I will PvP with him.

I have a couple of golden drops in my bank, which I would like to sell, but I am not sure about the price I can take for it. Can you give me advice? The items are:

1) Zealous Sephis Axe of Shelter, 6-21 (8 Axe), 17% damage (<50%), +1 Energy on hit, -1 Energy regeneration, Armor +6 (vs physical)

2) Defender, Armor 16 (9 Strength), received damage -2 (while enchanted).

3) Frost Artifact, +11 Energy (9 Water), Armor +5 (vs physical) - this one I may keep myself

Also I have a Bowgrip of Enchanting (+11%) and a Sword Pommel of Shelter (Armor +5)

Any advice what that stuff is worth?

Comment

Indeed, Mesmers seem to be making a comeback - I didn't really see that many of them a few weeks ago, but now they are all over the place.
        Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph
          I just learned (again in the German district), that you can leave Elona Reach (my nightmare for 2 days) not only with less than -50% death penalty, but actually with a +10% bonus, an elite skill (which rocks) and mission and bonus done. Ascended now; still not sure, what that means.

In a "certain battle" during that procedure I was PWND badly at the first try (which took me a bit off guard to be honest). The second time I respec'd to Domination and Backfired that scoundrel. It was a pleasure to see him going down in less than 10 seconds without having cast a single other spell and barely having taken a scratch myself.

Yep, next character is definitely a Mesmer. He already exists. And I will PvP with him.

I have a couple of golden drops in my bank, which I would like to sell, but I am not sure about the price I can take for it. Can you give me advice? The items are:

1) Zealous Sephis Axe of Shelter, 6-21 (8 Axe), 17% damage (<50%), +1 Energy on hit, -1 Energy regeneration, Armor +6 (vs physical)

2) Defender, Armor 16 (9 Strength), received damage -2 (while enchanted).

3) Frost Artifact, +11 Energy (9 Water), Armor +5 (vs physical) - this one I may keep myself

Also I have a Bowgrip of Enchanting (+11%) and a Sword Pommel of Shelter (Armor +5)

Any advice what that stuff is worth?
          Don't worry, Elona's is tough. Now I can do it 100% with a party who listens, but to start it was death death death.

The items:

1) Not max dmg, poor modifier, and not very good upgrades. The +6 might be worth a little (probably get 500 for it easy enough) but not enough to warrant the effort to sell unless you are really broke.

2) Easy to sell max armour strength shields (collector shields are tactics based), and -2 is nice. You should get 1500 for it at least, maybe more with the right buyer.

3) Worthless

Bowgrip/pommel: a few hundred, no more.

Sorry.

Comment

Thanks for the info, I was aware that most of it is not top notch stuff, considering that I found it halfway through, somewhere in the jungle. The shield I found today, in Elona's.

The axe, bowgrip and pommel I will probably sell to the vendor, I'm not exactly broke and in the time I sell this, I can easily make twice or thrice the amount hunting. The artifact I will keep as starter equipment, should I respec to water, until I find something better.

We had some linkdead victims today, what's up with the game? I dropped out once, too, thank God in a city and not a group.

Comment

Excecpt for the shield the gear is worthless unless you can sell it to noobs. People only seem to buy max damage and perfect mods. You'd be better off giving it away and making friends.
              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
              Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

imo for */Me - do not bother with those spells that have long casting periods. You're better off focusing on those with shorter casting period.

Also for */Mo - do not bother playing a healer unless you're playing a primary N, perhaps. I'd just focus more on self-healing, smiting, or protection depending on your style. But a party healer - you're wasting your time.
                Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Bonus pvp points this weekend then, we should get some Poly GvG on!

Its shame the bonus points are running friday to sunday, as monday is a public holiday here and I could have wasted all day on pvp
                  Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

as an E/Mo I make a good healer....

Jon Miller
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Got to Droknar's Forge yesterday (not running - my first character I will develop without that) and completed the first two missions after it. By the way, in two groups both without human healers. I have to admit, that the duo Alesia + Lina did a great job, and the groups were competent, too.

Currently I am in Thunderhead Keep, which I intend to solve today, along with a visit of the outposts in South Shiverpeak. I found out, that I can work with henchmen again, their level 20 versions are sufficiently performant. So I will have fun crawling through without rushing and running, and take my time to enjoy the landscape and may be pick up some flowers .

I have three questions (here's the noob again...):

- Are the storage slots shared between your characters? I don't have a second one post Searing yet.

- I often see people in my group reporting "My health is x of y", or "My energy is x of y", or "I have ... (hex or condition) on me" or "I am dead" or "I am using skill x on y". While that is often annoying, I admit, that sometimes it has use. How do they do that? I didn't find it in the manual, I checked all options I could find, and I left/right/double-clicked everywhere on my UI without luck. Every idiot seems to know (and to abuse) that, I am the only idiot, who doesn't.

- Is there a place in the www, where I can find max damage/armor/etc for every type of equipment?
                      Last edited by Harovan; August 24, 2005, 03:33.

Comment

Ummm... I forgot one question... Let's call it the bonus question:

- If you change your secondary profession in the desert quests, will you lose your skills? I mean, if I change to another secondary, and later back, will I have to obtain all skills again? Or is the change even permanent?

I'm thinking of changing my E/Me into E/something other. I want to fill three of my slots with combinations covering all professions, and the fourth would be the PvP only slot. And since I am tempted to play a primary Mesmer, my Elementalist has to lose this trait.

Comment

-The Storage is indeed shared between all your Charrs
                          -Press Strg/Crtl and leftclick on: ~ Your Health
                          ~ Lvl
                          ~Mana
                          ~enchantments, hexes, curses...
                          Or hold Strg/Crtl while targeting and Mark that Target with Space (Attack) "i am attacking.." or hold strg/crtl and 1-8 "I am using life-stealing on.."

-Yes dont have it handy right now though
                          Armor: http://www.gwonline.net/page.php?p=75
                          (only up to Droknar)
                          Axe: 6-28
                          Sword: 15-22
                          Hammer: 19-35
                          Staff 11-22?

Bonus:
                          You dont loose the Skills, neither is the Change permanent ( you just need to do the Quest for your original Secondary Class)
                          All points invested in secondary class get reset of course which would be handy if one would run out of Redistribution points.

Your new class of course allows you to do all the Class Quests you could never do with you Lvl 20 Char which .. is easy Xp

I changed from N/Mo to N/Me and back

/whoops
                          Last edited by Main_Brain; August 24, 2005, 05:55.
                          Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Strg-Umschalt-Leer will "target" a monster for the rest of the party without forcing an attack. Useful if your monk is calling targets :/

Double-click on another PC (either the toon or the name in the party bar) to autofollow them, or use Strg-Leer with the PC selected to follow them and announce this fact to the party. Useful if the party splits up and you want to make it clear who you're following.

Strg-Leer with an NPC selected to get "I'm talking to X!" which is excellent to remind people to speak to someone to complete a quest etc.

"My mana is x of x" is to point out that a rest is needed to regain mana. Warriors run ahead anyway

"My health is x of x" is to point out that they need healing. I hate it when people do that, I can see the red bars.

"I'm using X on X" is useful when a) casting res spells so no one else wastes mana trying to res the same person. b) when stacking Mesmer hexes on a target, since hexes of the same sort DON'T stack c) Laying traps so the party knows where to make the monsters run to. d) general info.

"I have x% Death Penalty" is to get sympathy. Hah.
                            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                            Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Thanks to both, very useful. Not that I will use it as often as others do, though .

Comment

We need a way to automagically shout "Do not talk to X!" or "Do not do X!". Not that the Warriors will take any heed.
                                Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Working...
                                X