No announcement yet.

Korean man dies from Starcraft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heart condition? Don't be ridiculous - the thread title clearly says that he died from Starcraft. I don't know - maybe the box fell on his head or something.

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark

you spent 40 hours with a bunch of nerds, presumably none of whom showered? Ewww.
      j00 r just a n00b j3alous of my l33tness
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by child of Thor
        "He only paused for short toilet breaks and to catch a few moments of sleep........edit..........we presume he died of exhaustion" - from bbc site.

hmmm lets see, i've been playing FM2005 for about 100hrs, with just short pauses for toilet breaks and to catch a bit of sleep - i feel fine

I'm guessing he must have had some pressing medical condition to die of a heart attack caused by fatigue after that short a stint?

Its important as a hard-core gamer to keep in good physical shape imho - computer gaming often leads to cronic 'couch-potatoe' sydrome.
        I was thinking something similar earlier. If you take a long haul flight you can up for many many hours, and no one dies from exhaustion. If they did no one would say "omfg flying kills man".

Comment

No, they'd say "omfg flyin pwns joo @SS!!!!!onehundred andeleven!!".

Only the terminally stupid will go so long without a break. I mean, even the amount of self-pleasure Dis has engaged in over the years has not made him blind or exhausted.

Comment

But he does wear glasses.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike

I was thinking something similar earlier. If you take a long haul flight you can up for many many hours, and no one dies from exhaustion. If they did no one would say "omfg flying kills man".
              some years ago there was a bunch of publicity about people getting embolisms on long air plane flights. The connection to flying was highlighted, not dismissed. Though the solution suggested of course was to get up and walk around, stuff like that, not to stop flying.

The obvious solution here is to get adequate sleep and nutrition. and to stay in reasonable shape.

Someone suggested that this guy may have had previous sleep deprivation as part of his gaming hobby - sleep deprivation can cause progressive deterioration. Also the adrenaline rush associated with the game may have played a role.

I dont feel bad about the thread title, trollish though it was
              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

If we didn't troll in our thread titles, no threads would ever be viewed.

I try to make mine as outlandish as possible, or no one will look at them.

Comment

My threads always attract attention no matter what the title.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                    that and Moria/Angband.
                    Have you tried Omega? It's the best rogue-like game ever written. Too bad active development ceased a long time ago.
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I wonder if this episode will make Jack Thompson try to ban all video games forever
                      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Verto
                        They can't handle real games.
                        Well, they are #1 in Go, the greatest strategy game ever.
                        someone teach me baduk

Comment

That guy needs to play hangman - and wait for an update
                          Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                          I am of the Horde.

Comment

Working...
                          X