Football Manager 2005(Sega)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football Manager 2005(Sega)

This game is by the guys who did the origonal Championship Manager games(Eidos have kept that name though).

And this game is far superior to the now called Championship Manager game imho.

Anyway i've had it for a few days and i'm still suffering awe at the scope and detail of this game. The manual is very sparse on detail in specific and important area's.

So anyone here play this? And have any advice?

I tried the officail forums, but they have a mandatory sign-up policy(even to just browse them), which i never like seeing.

First Question:

Training - which is the best way to set it up? its a bit confusing with the tick boxes for the various coaches/physio's, and how those apply to the training regimes you've set for your players. I only get a report from my physio about how a certain player is doing in training - why from him as i have better skilled coaches that are training these players(i've ticked the boxes for them)?
    As you can see this sounds very confusing and is just one small question that springs to mind as a starter.

Any FM2005 veterans on poly?
    'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Yeah, training, along with a load of other "enhanced" features, is too in-depth to be any real fun once you know what to do, all this extra depth does it create more clicks.

I grabbed this training thing from some site linked from SI forums while i still played, heres a link so it doesnt fudge the forum width:

Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Just wait a few months and get FM2006 at this point . I've heard that they are simplifying training a bit, FWIW.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Hope so. I havent played CM properly in a long time, too much detail that just bores away time once youre used to it all.

BTW Winning Eleven 9 is out tomorrow i think in Japan (or "online") on PS2 though, have to wait to October for Xbox.
        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

They added anything substantial?

More licenses, I hope?
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

English Licenses will be included for the first time ever. But don't get too excited, only Arsenal and Chelsea are going to be licensed. Other new licenses include those for Rangers, Dynamo Kiev, Galatasaray and FC Porto. 2005/06 kits will be added for the clubs from La Liga and the Dutch Eredivisie. Real numbers and lettering is included for the licensed teams. Updated kits have been added for the unlicensed clubs.

Not a lot but theyll be a load of gameplay and AI tweaks.

Plus you can apply a patch anyway for all the licensed stuff, i have the PESFAn patch on my Xbox.

Video is hardly worth watching on there either.

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora
              Yeah, training, along with a load of other "enhanced" features, is too in-depth to be any real fun once you know what to do, all this extra depth does it create more clicks.

I grabbed this training thing from some site linked from SI forums while i still played, heres a link so it doesnt fudge the forum width:

http://www.turningjapanese.pwp.bluey...k/training.jpg
              Cheers Maq - i knew as i wrote my request that you'd get on the case

I've found over the course of playing LMA Manager2005 through eleven game years, that even as much as i loved the match engine and pure management style of it - it did suffer from not having the depth of stats that games like FM2005 have.
              Also i'm pretty much the dominant force in world club football(sadly no option to manage national teams), my once lowly conferance team is now cleaning up in ALL compitions for the last two seasons, so i guess i've beaten the game
              Still i was playing for over six months(real life time), and it was a fun journey - i just need more challange

But as you say FM2005 has so much clicking to do when you want to delve deeper into the game - it is very daunting.

I might have to bite the bullet and sign-up to the FM2005 forums i guess, they seems the best place to get the detailed answers i'm going to need.

Still as a note of interest i'm playing this game on slightly under the minimum req(a PIII 566 128MB - instead of a PIII600 128MB), so have chosen just seven leagues to simulate accurately, the complete English leagues from conference north+south up and the welsh premier league(kinda a grand title for what it is ).

I'm playing Newport County in the Conferance south and my aim is to reach the premiership! So understanding how training works is going to be important, especialy as i like to home-grow my talent.

Cheers again - looking at that download i can already see a cunning plan forming
              Last edited by child of Thor; August 4, 2005, 05:53.
              'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Comment

[q=Maq]Plus you can apply a patch anyway for all the licensed stuff[/q]

Yeah, I gotta get an Action Replay for that.

Hopefully this version takes advantage of 16:9 screens

Comment

Originally posted by child of Thor
                  I'm playing Newport County in the Conferance south and my aim is to reach the premiership! So understanding how training works is going to be important, especialy as i like to home-grow my talent.
                  Yeah its worth registering, it adds a lot to your own experiences too, especially reading the lower league managers forum stories. Makes me want to play the game and get frustrated with it all over again.

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                  Couldnt find anything on widescreen mode i suspect not, which is a shame, it makes more sense than most games with it.

It looks really good actually, watching some new player videos of it today on pesfan forums, the ball looks a lot heavier, long shots tended to float in we8 but now they fly in.

Comment

I find widescreen mode a BIG with sports games... of any type really.

Oh, and I concur with the Official FM boards. Worth it most definetly to register.

Comment

they don't like hotmail email accounts.......oh well, maybe i'll try my yahoo one later(maybe if their 'contact us' email link worked i could find a way around there 'security' measures to stop i guess flame war junkies?).

Anyway i'm not that bothered now as i'm seeming to get the hang of it.
                      I've won the last 3 games in a row so i must be doing something right?

Still my team still have big up+down days when it comes to training and what their stats are doing.
                      Using Maqs chart thing - i worked out that 'Overload Attack' gives more overall stat points than any other training method, but has its weakness's.

I don't think it is just because of the training i've given my players(split up into 'Defence'/'Attack'(for Defenders+key strikers) and 'FirstTeam' for midfield+overall training), as the default training you start with also gives me up+down stat changes.

So whats your prefered method of training? Do you swap players between training routines(for example in my case betwen say 'Attacking' + 'First team') to round out thier skills? In theory this sounds good, but i'm new to this

Comment

I left them on the same training all season, except in pre-season, definitely doesnt mean this is the best way of course, i just couldnt be bothered to micromanage it, but also not put it into the hands of my assistant.

"Youth", "GK", "DF", "DMF", "AMF", and "FW" were all the seperate training regimes I had, and then "pre-season". I think youll know what they all stand for. And something like no more than 2 regimes per coach. Of course i was playing as Spurs so i probably had more coaches to spread aorund.

I had a quick scan over the forum a while ago, seems like the mental stats have become really important in the latest patch. I remember initially physical stats were the most important.

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora
                          I left them on the same training all season, except in pre-season, definitely doesnt mean this is the best way of course, i just couldnt be bothered to micromanage it, but also not put it into the hands of my assistant.

"Youth", "GK", "DF", "DMF", "AMF", and "FW" were all the seperate training regimes I had, and then "pre-season". I think youll know what they all stand for. And something like no more than 2 regimes per coach. Of course i was playing as Spurs so i probably had more coaches to spread aorund.

I had a quick scan over the forum a while ago, seems like the mental stats have become really important in the latest patch. I remember initially physical stats were the most important.
                          Ah that might explain it - i have a decent ammount(and quality) of coaches(4+1 Assistant manager) for Conference south league, but they are all doing 7 regimes each! I see i might need to look at that.
                          Also my physio is basicaly rated 1 in everything except 'physio' which is 20, and i'm nervous about assigning him any training - just in case his poor stats undo the work of my other coaches. So i leave him un-assigned - will it effect my teams injuries do you think?

On a different topic i did a nasty sneaky cheat thing(the get lots of money from chelsea for rubbish player cheat), which i feel bad about.
                          The good part is that even though i got £20mill in my clubs accounts - i can do little with it as even cr*p players(but slightly better than my level) don't want to come to Newport.
                          I got all my new players(seven in total) for the grand sum of 3K, most were free transfers. Still it's nice feeling rich - even if i cant use it yet

Comment

Ah that might explain it - i have a decent ammount(and quality) of coaches(4+1 Assistant manager) for Conference south league, but they are all doing 7 regimes each! I see i might need to look at that.
                            Also my physio is basicaly rated 1 in everything except 'physio' which is 20, and i'm nervous about assigning him any training - just in case his poor stats undo the work of my other coaches. So i leave him un-assigned - will it effect my teams injuries do you think?
                            I think if you assign them to less they do better, but i dont know the exact limits, like if you can assign them to 2 schedules and still get maximum effect or it deteriorates gradually the more jobs you give them.

I never assigned the physios and didnt see any ill-effects.

On a different topic i did a nasty sneaky cheat thing(the get lots of money from chelsea for rubbish player cheat), which i feel bad about.
                            The good part is that even though i got £20mill in my clubs accounts - i can do little with it as even cr*p players(but slightly better than my level) don't want to come to Newport.
                            I got all my new players(seven in total) for the grand sum of 3K, most were free transfers. Still it's nice feeling rich - even if i cant use it yet
                            Yeah that is a bit nasty Maybe youll get a stadium expansion, but dont know if that happens if you cant fill it.

Comment

Re: Football Manager 2005(Sega)

This game is by the guys who did the origonal Championship Manager games(Eidos have kept that name though).

And this game is far superior to the now called Championship Manager game imho.
                              You could have mentioned it to UR.

Comment

Working...
                              X